TT5 for palm Treo 650

Hi,

I am Vishwa and am from Ames, IA. I am new to this forum.

I recently bought a TT GPS for palm on ebay. It comes with TT Navigator 5. I have no experience with this device and the lack of quality manual that came with the device is making me wonder about a few things.

1) It came with 8 cds labelled maps. When i open any CD, it has the same options like the northeast, midwest, plains, west etc...I am from Iowa and when I put the CD 2 and select plains map, it asks for CD1.. What are these different CD's actually for.

2) I have put the midwest map and the plains map on my SD card. But if I have to go from Des Moines, IA to Indianapolis, IN, I will encounter a problem as I can have only one map selected. How do I overcome this. Is there a way to have the entire US map ?

I am sorry if my questions have not been clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
vishwa

Im not too familar when navigating between 2 sets of maps. Maybe another TT Navigator user can chime in here.
You will have to install the range of maps on your SD card. I know that the whole US maps is called US_Canada map but is found on the PND devices and not for Navigator.

Navigator 6 maps contains just one map for NA=USA+Canada (913mb) and can all fit in a 1GB storage card making cross-border navigation easy. It still leaves some space for some files, mp3s or photos. Navigator 5 on the other hand uses individual maps. I guess this was due to memory card limitations when Nav 5 came out.

If you don't want to spend for the upgrade since you just bought your PDA, then the only solution is to install the maps involved in your trip as long as they (States) are adjacent to each other. You have no option but to switch maps. If you are planning a cross country trip, and assuming you are departing from your home address, at least install the destination map and the Major_Roads_Of_America-Map. First select the Major_Roads_Of_America-Map and once you reach your destination, select your destination map for detailed minor roads navigation.

Take note that the Major_Roads_Of_America-Map is already 73MB in size therefore I suggest you buy at least a 2gb memory card as long as your PDA supports it. They're very cheap these days. I bought my 2gb SD card for around $100 three years ago here in Switzerland.

Ask a Question