TT1 Ver3 POI editing

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I have been searching for a POI editor that will work with the TT1 3rd edition. So far I have tried one on-line POI editor and also downloaded a program called Tyre that is supposed to work with the ONE. In both instances, when I try to load a POI off the device I get an error that says "invalid POI file" and some dialog that states it might be encrypted. Any idea what might be going on?

I have the latest application and map loaded on the device.

I have been searching for a POI editor that will work with the TT1 3rd edition. So far I have tried one on-line POI editor and also downloaded a program called Tyre that is supposed to work with the ONE. In both instances, when I try to load a POI off the device I get an error that says "invalid POI file" and some dialog that states it might be encrypted. Any idea what might be going on?

What a cool find!:D :) :D

I just downloaded Tyre and it works great with my TTone. However, it makes, by default, an itinery file (.itn). Very cool.

Do a save as to make POI files. (.ov2)

It's all Good. Thanks for the tip!

Which one did you try?
What file does it save it as? where are you placing the file?

...when I try to load a POI off the device I get an error that says "invalid POI file" and some dialog that states it might be encrypted. Any idea what might be going on?
Yes, the file is encrypted as indicated by the message! You cannot edit TomTom POI's. The only exception would be the editing of the POI's in the poi.dat using the mapshare feature. There is no other way to edit a TT poi.

Ask a Question