TT1 V3 Can't add personal POI's?

I upgraded to TT1 V3 from V2, and although I love the MapShare features for many global POI's, I now don't seem to be able to create "Personal POI's" (Like a few milestones along a hiking trail, to woods camp) anymore. I can add a favourite, but they can't be enabled and disabled like POI's. Has anyone else found a way around this?:confused:

personal poi...

See Hachems post in the tomtom one forum....newbie with V3 having problems. Wiorked great for me

Tommy D

I upgraded to TT1 V3 from V2, and although I love the MapShare features for many global POI's, I now don't seem to be able to create "Personal POI's" (Like a few milestones along a hiking trail, to woods camp) anymore. I can add a favourite, but they can't be enabled and disabled like POI's. Has anyone else found a way around this?:confused:

You cannot add POIs to the categories that are built into the TomTom. You'll want to go into the menu and create your own POI category (Friends, Family, etc) and then you can add POIs to those categories.

They will not be shared via MapShare, though.

You cannot add POIs to the categories that are built into the TomTom. You'll want to go into the menu and create your own POI category (Friends, Family, etc) and then you can add POIs to those categories.

They will not be shared via MapShare, though.

THAT seems to be the problem, I CAN'T create or maintain my own personal POI's with version 3! I did try the menu hack, and it does work. Just awkward because I can't change on the fly (need to use my PC to toggle between the old and new menus).

Things they kind of left out of V3
the tomtom one
Ability input itineraries and
custom poi's has been omitted, they have also removed the external
antenna connector, the sim card slot, bluetooth capbilities, reduced the
warranty from 2 years to 1 and there is some discussion weather or not
the new unit is even Sirf Star III complient? I mistakenly thought
they made the old tomtom one v2 better (duh). The NO itinerary
feature issue threw me over the edge.

Ask a Question