TT1 3rd Edition

Basically, there are lots of threads talking about "hidden" menus and creating SDK's etc for other TTs. Any such avenue for the 3rd edition? For example, I would like to manage POI's. I know to save favorites, but wondering how to add POI's.

Also, is there a 1gb SD card installed 'inside' the 3rd edition? I know there is no slot, but what if you opened it? Could you put a 2gb SD in it's place?

Soldered, schmoldered...

Read at opentom.org that its a 1gb MMC chip.
Author could have gone another step and photographed the chip itself.

I'm so frustrated with the 1GB memory issue, that I'd happily get a 2gb mmc card for $15, rip out the memory chip and replace the one in the Tomtom.

A bit hesitant to start without having details such as the chip type location and installation. For all we know, it could be as simple as a mmc card 'mounted' in some sort of holder.

Read at opentom.org that its a 1gb MMC chip.
Author could have gone another step and photographed the chip itself.

I'm so frustrated with the 1GB memory issue, that I'd happily get a 2gb mmc card for $15, rip out the memory chip and replace the one in the Tomtom.

A bit hesitant to start without having details such as the chip type location and installation. For all we know, it could be as simple as a mmc card 'mounted' in some sort of holder.
Others have discussed this possiblity, if you're willing to buy one and experiment on it, have at it!

Hi guys,

Im more that willing to give this a go, ive bought an extra small torx set (to unscew the board inside) and a micro sd card..

Can anyone give me a place to start?

Thanks,
Learntofly

Being out of practise with doing brain surgery - I think I'll pass on that!
I tried to install a modchip into a playstation one, and fixed it so well, I wound up buying a new one!:(

2much4u

Thank you very much :) , seems quite a minor mod.. just waiting for my sd card to arrive and ill let you know of progress

Many Thanks

Geocaching with my TT1

I'd like to go geocaching with my 7y/o daughter.
Geocaching requires entering in manual coordinates and walking to clues using N/S/E/W.
Can someone please send me a link to TT or 3rd party software to install that gives waypoint navigation and bearing distance?
I'd rather not go out a buy a $100 garmin trex that has no other function but for this purpose.
Many thanks and happy trails.

I'd like to go geocaching with my 7y/o daughter.
Geocaching requires entering in manual coordinates and walking to clues using N/S/E/W.
Can someone please send me a link to TT or 3rd party software to install that gives waypoint navigation and bearing distance?
I'd rather not go out a buy a $100 garmin trex that has no other function but for this purpose.
Many thanks and happy trails.
I used my ONE for geocaching. Once I got close, I used the browse map function zoomed in to the max. I'm not sure if Tripmaster, or Offroad navigator would take distance and dearing entires, but you don't really need that for most caches. Once you get more involved, you will want to by a hand held unit. Cache on!

WOW!!! I can confirm that 2much4u's method does infact work!!! Space is very tight inside the device though, but thanks so much :)

Regards,

So does you tomtom show up as normal, after you add the card, with just a bigger drive space?

It takes over in effect..

What I had to do was:

Connect the Card to my PC first (using an adapter), Format the Card using FAT (NOT Fat32), rename it to "TomTom" in its properties (My Computer, Right Click). Hook my TomTom up to my compter, copy the entire contents of the TomTom onto the new memory card.

Solder it in place, reboot the TomTom and it just takes over with a Disc Size.

I did a couple of tests to ensure it was actually reading from the card, and not just reporting from the card size and reading from the internal memory!!

All good fun..

Use small flexible cable though and be careful not to burn off any of the pads or you will be performing microsurgery, soldering a lead to a sanded down track like i had to!!

Regards

Ask a Question