TT XL on R1100GS

TomTom Model(s)
XL
Bought a HD TV the other week, and the GPS was thrown in as part of a promo. This is the new one with the 'Easyport' mount. To be honest a GPS has been low on my list of things to get for a long time, I don't have any trouble navigating even on the bike. Usually I just look up an address on Google Maps before I get on the bike and I'm fine. The TT is quite useful though, especially as we are riding to the GP in Oct and once we get a few hours south of Sydney I don't know my way around.

I already had some RAM Mount hardware for iPod and UHF radio, so I went to the shop and discovered a mount for a One XL fits it, if I remove the Easyport. Here it is on the bike:

347522468_n6MKk-M.jpg

I've tried using the Easyport mount, on the screen and also on the tacho face. It held ok on short rides (30km) but I'm nervous about using it in case the suction cup base lets go. Sure enough, just after this photo was taken, it fell off the screen:

347522297_PAHg4-M.jpg

I do prefer it in that position though, and I've been looking at the RAM Mount catalogue to see what I can use instead. It'll get protection from light showers and doesn't suffer from glare in the sunlight (except probably when the sun is behind me).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvic

Latest Threads

Back