TT Voices question

Hi, I have 26 voices on my device but can only use two of them, three of the voices are I think default voices, jane, Tim and Sylvia, the Sylvia voice won't play, I have six celebrity voices I can't find on the device, In TT home I can see I have the six celebrity voices on my sd card, but I can't find them in my device.

Non computer voices should reside in a voices folder on your unit. Each non computer voice should be represented by 3 files: dataXX.vif, .tlv and .chk where XX represents a number. If you use notepad to open the dataxx.vif file, you'll see who that voice represents.

Non computer voices should reside in a voices folder on your unit. Each non computer voice should be represented by 3 files: dataXX.vif, .tlv and .chk where XX represents a number. If you use notepad to open the dataxx.vif file, you'll see who that voice represents.

I've had a look in voices folder and I can't see any thing with tlv, I can see vif and chk files but no tlv,

I don't think the .tlv file is required for the voice functionality. Just the other two are.

The three files needed for each voice are:

dataXX.chk (the actual voice files which are ogg audio format encoded into a single file)
dataXX.bmp (the picture that gets displayed when selecting/ scrolling through the available voices)
dataXX.vif (the version file which can be opened with NotePad to view)

In each case XX is a numeric value generally beteen 01 and 99 although I have seen some with three digits.

Have you got a voices folder on the device and on the card? if so try to put the files in the folder on the device - Mike

The three files needed for each voice are:

dataXX.chk (the actual voice files which are ogg audio format encoded into a single file)
dataXX.bmp (the picture that gets displayed when selecting/ scrolling through the available voices)
dataXX.vif (the version file which can be opened with NotePad to view)

In each case XX is a numeric value generally beteen 01 and 99 although I have seen some with three digits.

Have you got a voices folder on the device and on the card? if so try to put the files in the folder on the device - Mike

I can see the voice folder on the device and on the card, but How do I put files from the card in the device?

I got it sorted, where I was going wrong is, when i selected a voice it would ask me did I want (English UK)
I pressed yes, that only gave the option of two voices, but when I pressed no to the question, I got to to hear all the voices. thanks for your time and help

Use Windows Explorer to copy the files from the SD card to your computer then to the voices folder on the device - Mike

For custom voices you have to answer No to the same language question as AFAIK the device cannot recognise the regional aspect of the voice file - still at least you are sorted out, if you want a few UK based special voices that were previously recordered by Radio DJ's and offered for free send me your e-mail address by PM and I will send them over - Mike

Ask a Question