TT Start. Is it possible to buy United States map?

I recently had to purchase a TomTom Start during a trip in France when my other GPS quit working. I am traveling to the US soon and was hoping to download a US map.

When I am connected to the TomTom Home Page and click on "add maps" it brings up a screen asking if I want to subscribe to the France map update. I click "interested in other maps" and nothing comes up.

Suggestions or am I screwed and have to buy another unit?

:rant:

There are different versions of the Start model (and Start 2) depending upon the country and model.

Not sure where you are posting from but the US equivalent to the Start model is the EASE.

You might try to go to TomTom's US site and select that model when you want to purchase a map. But you need to be aware of how much storage your model has, the size of your unit, and the prospects of moving your existing map (and a folder called maps) to the computer before purchasing a USA map.

Ask a Question