TT ONE V3 1GB - Dead

My TT ONE V3 1GB had not been used for a few weeks. Every once and a while it would turn itself on as some TT's do, so I would just turn it off and think nothing of it.

Anytime I would go and use it, if the battery was down I would plug it in in my car and carry on... it always worked.... until now.

It is a black screen and will not turn on. I have done the "charge for few hours, press the reset for 20 seconds and press the power for 5 seconds" and still nothing. It is currently in two peices with the battery disconnected, with me wondering if I need a new battery, but if I can't get it to turn on with PC or car power what is a new battery going to do anyway...

Do I continue with this few year old model or dump it for a newer 130?

Any help please!

Buy a new battery from E-Bay and take the back cover off the device, uplug and remove the old battery and replace with the new one, at least on the model of device you have the battery is easy to change unlike some of the models in the product range - Mike

I was thinking about that, for the CDN$30.00 approx with shipping I may have a working device or not. I can buy a new 130 for CDN $90.00 and know for sure it will work.

I ask this, does the ONE V3 need a good functioning battery to work, even though I have it plugged in?

Usually they will work when powered even with a dud battery but sometimes the battery fails in such a way it drags the charger voltage down so low that the device can't power up - I had to do a battery change on a 910 sat in a bar on Saturday night for this very same issue - Once new battery installed the device fired up, result one happy owner - Mike

Ask a Question