TT one mount

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom one XL
Just a quick question as I am trying to make up my mind on how I want to mount my one xl; Does the one ie: v3, xl and xls use the same mount (the piece you slid the unit on).:confused:

Thanks

Just a quick question as I am trying to make up my mind on how I want to mount my one xl; Does the one ie: v3, xl and xls use the same mount (the piece you slid the unit on).:confused:

Thanks

I'm quite certain that answer is yes, but maybe someone else should confirm..

XL mount is slightly wider

The XL mount is wider. When you shop for mounts, it specifies (the ones that have the slide) that they are XL/XL-S only.

Last edited:
XL uses a wider mount but a lot of companies supply the extra wide bracket also.

Go to mountguys.com they have them at great prices and very fast shipping.

I checked out mountguys.com and they do have a variety of mounts. Ground shipping from them is around $4.95 for Minnesota. I haven't bought a mount from them yet.

I'm also checking eBay and I found a mount, similar to the one at mountguys.com, that supposedly swivels. I'm not sure if the one at mountguys.com swivels, but I'm planning to get the one on eBay once I have verified with the seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150208281999&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005
Oh, by the way, this mount is for a TomTom One (not the XL version though), but I believe the seller has mounts for TomTom One XL.

Since I live in Minnesota, I look for mounts that I don't have to stick on my windshield. Plus, I have trouble reaching the gps if it is installed on the windshield.

Last edited:
Mfauls=mountguys

Noypi,

Ebay reseller Mfauls is mountguys.com. I can't figure out why they charge $1 more on Ebay for S/H except maybe for the Ebay fees. If you order from mountguys.com use "prior5" for 5% off. Not much, but something. I have one of those vent mounts for my XL, not the best but it does the job for 10 smackers.

Noypi,

Ebay reseller Mfauls is mountguys.com. I can't figure out why they charge $1 more on Ebay for S/H except maybe for the Ebay fees. If you order from mountguys.com use "prior5" for 5% off. Not much, but something. I have one of those vent mounts for my XL, not the best but it does the job for 10 smackers.

First question is regarding your "not much but something"? I assume it does work ok, I sent them an e-mail asking if this mount was easily transferable from one vehicle to another? What would you say about this?
John

Yes the 5% coupon code does work and the mountguys are fantastin. Buy directly from the web site . I bought a mount for my TT1 two weeks ago then Monday I desided to get a TT go720 and here I had just got a new mount. The mount guys sold me just the adapter I needed for the 720 to fit the mount I had instead of getting a whole new mount. I ordered at 11:00pm and at 11:15pm the package was ready to be shipped and I had a shipped notice and I should have it today. I ordered my mount on Thursday at 12pm and had mount Saturday now that is service right there.

Very easy to transfer from car to car. The end of the clip has a U-hook that the back of the vent fin hooks into so the vent mount doesn't slide off... Which is great, if the vent fins aren't too thick, like they are in mine. But you know, it still holds really well even though it's not clipped into the U. If you'd like, when I get home tonight, I will try and take some detailed pics of the mount, and post em up here. :)

It works

First question is regarding your "not much but something"? I assume it does work ok, I sent them an e-mail asking if this mount was easily transferable from one vehicle to another? What would you say about this?
John

Well for my vent mount, the savings was 50?. Like SShadow mentioned it is easy to transfer but the clips are a little stiff to release. Though it is good for keeping the mount in place. Since my vents were a angled, I had to remove the bottom mount bracket to get a good viewing angle. Will try to post pics this evening.

Pictures

For those interested in the <$10 mount method.

Attachments

• side1.JPG
    side1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 293
  • side2.JPG
    side2.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 288
  • mount&clip.JPG
    mount&clip.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 303

Ask a Question