TT ONE in New England - These raods need it!

TT ONE in New England

Howdy,

I've been posting here for a few days now I think. Figured I better make an official hello as I seem to be in here more than my email....

I got the TomTom ONE for Christmas from my wife and we put it to immediate use to go from Dover NH to Niagara Falls ON and then to Toronoto, and Back. This litte black box made the trip more fun for me. And my wife actually enjoyed it too. Up until we got it she used to say the TomTom and any other GPS was just ridiculous. But now she's almost as hooked as I am.... she doesn't see the need to use it to go to the local grocery store, but I have fun playing with tripmaster just to go down the street.

I've already made custom splash screens, custom voice (me for now), custom menu, loaded suntime and tripmaster. And I'm still looking for more!!!!

This thing rocks! I talked my wife into buying me the "cheap model" as it was consumer reports 'best buy' and I didn't knwo if I would really use one that much or not. I ALREADY WANT TO UPGRADE. But with TomTom HOME telling me I can't change devices for 6 months (what's up with that?!?!?!) I'll stick with the ONE for now. I WILL be selling this so I can upgrade if anyone is interested... hehe.

I'm an IT tech turning to Driver Education, and with TripMaster, I think the kids will enjoy seeing their routes on Google Earth.

Anyway... hi all. I'm happy for this site and thankful for all it's shown me so far.

Last edited:
Another new TT One in New England

My wife surprised me with a TomTom One V2 for Christmas and I have been using it as I cruise around the local roads. Also used it over New Year's for a trip down to NJ.

Pretty nice device, I've downloaded some of the free voices that were posted here. Favorites out of those are Yoda, Sean Connery, and Dr Evil.

I like the fact that it's running Linux and I can add new voices and software. Planning to load up tripmaster. Wish the One had an earphone jack so it would be a better MP3 and video player. It would be nice to have a hack that routes the sound to a bluetooth headset. Also a bit concerned about the USB connector durability. Anyone having a problem with it?

Playing with the Traffic feature last day or so. Still learning about the bluetooth connection to my motorola v557 cell phone, too. Works pretty smoothly with Cingular MediaNet.

Ideally the One would also be able to do email over the bluetooth connection to the cell phone, too.

Happy Navigating!

Hello and welcome!
Great to hear your enjoy your new ONE. emailing over to your cell phone sounds interesting!

Ask a Question