TT One 3rd Edition Itinerary Planning HELP Wanted

I own a TT One 1st Edition and my parents own a 3rd edition, on my TT I can create an itinerary on google and then convert it and use it on my TT. When I tried to do the same on my parents (TT One 3rd edition) I can't even find the Itinerary planny icon in the TT menus. The ITN directory is on the TT but I can't find the icon to actually load the itinerary into TT to navigate.
The software version on their TT is: 8.010
Please help

Surge

I own a TT One 1st Edition and my parents own a 3rd edition, on my TT I can create an itinerary on google and then convert it and use it on my TT. When I tried to do the same on my parents (TT One 3rd edition) I can't even find the Itinerary planny icon in the TT menus. The ITN directory is on the TT but I can't find the icon to actually load the itinerary into TT to navigate.
The software version on their TT is: 8.010
Please help

Surge

Software version 8.010 killed custom menu items on your model, including Itinerary Planning.

The only resolution at this point is to roll back to a Nav7 firmware version ... if they had a backup.

If not ,perhaps this link will get them a version they need: http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/index.html

Actually, I think it only offers 6.5 for that model. So, install it and I expect that another Home update will then offer the N7 software the want.

The One 3rd Edition has the Itinerary function stripped out of it. By using a custom menu, you could make 'Itinerary' appear, but with the v8 firmware, even this has been eliminated.

So you choices are to make sure you don't update to v8 firmware, and to build a custom menu. A search on this forum will reveal info on how to do this.

Basically, TomTom wants to force you into buying a more expensive model if you want to make itineraries. That's why the 3rd Edition is crippled.

Ask a Question