TT Maps on Samsung Galaxy Tab?

TomTom Model(s)
Go720traffic, Go710 via120 Galaxy Tab Samsung s3 Smartphone
Can anyone tell me please if the TT app will run on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Model GT-P1000 ? I am afraid TT customer support couldn't .
Thanks,
Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1024x600 resolution is not yet supported, so it will not install via Google play. Tomtom promised support for more resolutions by year end, though they did not provide specifics beyond "at least the galaxy s3".

If you purchase the app on a rooted / supported-resolution phone with the same Google play account, it can be transferred to the Galaxy tab via a backup app, and it will function with misaligned fonts and layout.

Thanks mvl for a very informative answer, maybe advisable to wait until TT get there act together and get up to date with modern smartphones.

Hi,
I have purchased TomTom app and installed it on my Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Tab. I am told by
TomTom you can apparently install it on 22 of your own devices providing they are on the same account,how they came up with this number I don't know.:confused::confused::confused:

The default Android setting is that a purchased app can work on an unlimited number of devices as long as the same Google Play ID is used on all of the devices.

Developers can publish their app with a max-device-limit if they choose. It seems odd that Tomtom would chose 22 of all the possible numbers, my suspicion is that the support rep may have been mistaken.

In all the user forums I've seen, no one has ever hit a max-device limit with the TT app, although no one has tried more than 3-4 devices.

The default Android setting is that a purchased app can work on an unlimited number of devices as long as the same Google Play ID is used on all of the devices.

Developers can publish their app with a max-device-limit if they choose. It seems odd that Tomtom would chose 22 of all the possible numbers, my suspicion is that the support rep may have been mistaken.

In all the user forums I've seen, no one has ever hit a max-device limit with the TT app, although no one has tried more than 3-4 devices.

Hi mvl,

Has there been any advancement made with TT for Android?

I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" 16GB WiFi and would like to know if I could load TT for Android onto it and avoid having to use my TT 2nd Edition GPS when traveling overseas as it would be one less device to worry about.

Thanks.

The Tomtom app for Android began to support the Galaxy tab 2 10.1" with the release of app 1.1 in December 2012.

It functions, but is not "optimized" yet for tablets, so some of the fonts look mis-sized.

Ask a Question