TT iPhone In-Car Cradle Advice

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Europe App
I have just bought the TT iPhone cradle with built-in speaker and GPS booster.

Just a quick question - will the GPS booster and increased volume for voiced turn-bu-turn instructions still work if I don't pair the iPhone to the Cradle?

The issue is, I already have a bluetooth hands-free unit (not built in) for my iPhone in the car. I'm very happy with that and don't really want to use the TT Cradle for hands-free chat.

But I do want to use it for boosting the GPS signal, for holding and charging the iPhone and for increasing the volume of the turn-by-turn voice instructions..

Just wondered if any of you long-time users knew whether I could use the cradle simply to boost the GPS signal and amplify the turn-by-turn voiced instructions?

I got the cradle second hand so it didn't cost a fortune.

Can you clarify which TT cradle you're talking about? The iPhone cradle TT is currently selling in the UK does not have a separate GPS antenna. Source

Hi nuncio,

It's the older type (including the GPS antenna).

Since posting this I've discovered my iPhone 4s can link via bluetooth simultaneously to both the TT cradle and my existing bluetooth hands-free kit.

So the problem is solved.

I use the speaker in the TT cradle for enhanced volume with turn-by-turn directions and make and answer hands-free calls through by visor-mounted bluetooth hands-free kit, which is much closer to my head and therefore offers better clarity in both directions.

Thanks for getting back to me though - much appreciated.

Ask a Question