TT Home refuses to link to GO 720

Here's the story. I initially bought a TT ONE, and returned it the next day because I wasn't happy with a number of things. Then I bought a GO 720. The problem I have now is that TT Home, for which my account was initially set up with the TT ONE, refuses to link the account to the new device (i.e., the GO 720.)

Is there a way around this? TIA for your help!

Case solved. I called TomTom Support. After answering a few automated prompts, waited about a minute at the most before a representative picked up my call, and I was able to clear the problem with them on the phone within a few minutes. Overall, a very very positive experience. With all the bad press I've been reading here, I thought I'd chime in and give some good news for a change. Oh, and I took the opportunity to have them on the line to ask TomTom what chipset they were using in their 720's. She put me on hold and came back after a minute or two and confirmed that it was the SiRF Star III chipset. That being said, it's strange that the SiRF logo does not appear anywhere on the box or on the 720 proper. Cheers for now!

Last edited:

Ask a Question