TT Home "Operate my device" doesn't work with TT One 125

I just confirmed with TT that the "Operate my One" option on TT HOME doesn't work with the One 125. You get the error message " This function is not yet supported on your navigation unit or your operating system".

I just got off the phone with TT Tech Support and they said that TT HOME is still undergoing updates to support the 125.

They also said that being able to import from Google Maps is also not yet supported.

OK, but I'm very surprised/disappointed that they released a product knowing that it's not yet fully supported.

Tech Support said they are working on it but don't have an expected roll out date.

The 125 is truly the lowest of the low end models offered by TomTom in North America. As such, it's somewhat understandable that they first try to get their firmware working properly for the higher end models. At the moment, it isn't.

Same story

I got the same story from tech support on Saturday (Nov 30, 2008), regarding the same problems with a TT One 125.

Before I bought a gps I tried to do some research. TomTom seemed to get very good reviews. But now, after reading this forum, I'm not so sure.:(

The Home and Google send were two features I really wanted.

Hope it all works out soon, 'cause I like the Tomtom a lot!

I sure hope that the operate and send functions didn't "disappear" like itinerary planning did on the One 3rd Edition. It seems like whenever TT adds a feature they take one away. (MapShare for Itinerary Planning and Operate for auto night colors?)

Does anyone know of a hack to make a 125 operate from HOME?

Just bought two 125s, one Operates from TT HOME the other does not.Also one had twice as many car icons in it,very bizarre.

Just bought two 125s, one Operates from TT HOME the other does not.Also one had twice as many car icons in it,very bizarre.

Do they both have the same application versions ? If so, yes strange..., but if not - it might point out the way to go.

Do they both have the same application versions ?

No they don't.One has version 8.010 the other has version 8.014.

The one with 8.010 operates from TT HOME and the one with app 8.014 doesn't.

That is strange. I just bought a 130 and it worked with the "Operate my One"...until I did the software update. Now it does not work. The bad thing is I just ordered another one. I really don't want them if I can use that feature...

That is strange. I just bought a 130 and it worked with the "Operate my One"...until I did the software update. Now it does not work. The bad thing is I just ordered another one. I really don't want them if I can use that feature...

i bought two also. both of mine work just fine, but i only use apple laptops.

maybe there is a bug with the windows clients- wouldn't surprise.

i'm currently using rsync (this is a *nix program) to keep the two devices synchornized, since tom tom HOME expects me to logoff, and on again for different devices. annoying, but i'm sure it has something to do with whatever maps might be purchased in the future. i won't buy more maps, of course, but i can see tt's expectations.

a new unit is so close to the price of maps, why bother. :)

This is what I am getting now after updating Navcor to 8.320 when I try and operate my
go in home.

picture001.jpg

The one with 8.010 operates from TT HOME and the one with app 8.014 doesn't.

Mine either came with 8.014 or I installed that when I first connected it with TomTom HOME. Is it possible to downgrade? Is this process destructive (ie, would I lose my POI)?

Mine either came with 8.014 or I installed that when I first connected it with TomTom HOME. Is it possible to downgrade?

You can use a older firmware on your 125.I do not see to much differences between the 125s that i have that are using 8.010 and 8.014 other than the one with 8.014 not being able to operate from TT HOME.

Make a explorer backup just in case you don't like the older firmware so you can return it to the way it was.

You can use a older firmware on your 125.I do not see to much differences between the 125s that i have that are using 8.010 and 8.014 other than the one with 8.014 not being able to operate from TT HOME.

Make a explorer backup just in case you don't like the older firmware so you can return it to the way it was.

Thanks. My downgrade experience is now documented here, for anyone else who wishes to do the same.

It works

Thanks!!! I followed your instructions to downgrade my TomTom 125 to firmware version v8.010, and everything works perfectly now! I can use Operate my ONE and send addresses from Google Map to my TomTom!

Now, I wonder why TomTom would release their product with a buggy firmware... fortunately I found this forum, otherwise we'd all be stuck

Ahhh, that's better. Just done this with my TT One 30 series/22/125/v4 (according to halfords)/v8 (according to the windows driver)/OMFG how many version numbers have I seen for this model?!?!, and it works just fine. Thanks for the thread :)

Now just make sure you have the latest map 815.xxxx. If not call TT and have then add it to your account. It does not show up under Latest Map Guarantee.

Ask a Question