TT Go 750 Live coneector pinout

I'd like to connect my 750 to the car audio & power via by a docking station. Is there a producct on the market yet, or do I have to do this via the mini USB?

I've read on the forums that the unit takes 5 volts which is fine, I can sort that. I just need the pinouts on the mini USB or the main 750 connector.

Anyone got that info?

Cheers Paul

TomTom make an accessory mount for the x40/ x50 range that includes a 1/8" jack socket for the audio line output, these appear to only be available in Europe though for some strange reason - Mike

If he's got a 750, he's over there with you where they're available .. maybe. Are they showing up on the TomTom shop in the UK again?

Have a look Here for the accessory mount - Mike
Aargh - still just available in the hard mount version?!? Oh well, it's only a few screws to make the swap from the OP's original mount.

The accessory mount which includes the windscreen sucker was available for some time fitted with the Line-Out socket but the web site no longer lists this feature so it might have been dropped.

The sure fire way to get the mount with the required sockets is to get the Brodit style mount and either use that or as you suggest swap it over from the one you have got.

If you need any pictures on how to do this give me a shout as I have a guide stored on the PC that covers how to do this - Mike

Thanks for your input Mike & canderson. For starters I'm in the UK in sunny Lincolnshire (not).

I guess as a minimum, I could go for the TomTom fixed mount solution provided in Mike's link. That would do most of what I want to achieve. However, what I was really after is muting the audio when I answer or make a mobile phone call through the 750. Also, I wanted to use a separate mic cos the TomTom one isn't that good. I'm using the bluetooth connection to the phone, but I hate those things you see people wearing in their ears! It makes them look like Spok. :)

I want to replace the Nokia car kit that I have with the TomTom answering the calls instead. I was after the pinouts, so I could pickup an audio mute output & audio in from the TomTom. I'm perfectly capable of going into the holder & hard wiring the connections for the power, audio in/out & autio mute if it has this functionality in the PCB.

Not much to ask for, is it?

Have a look at a device called iO-Play as that offers exactly what you want in terms of functionality, you pair both the TomTom and your phone to it and it handles all the audio via the cars speaker system and it has it's own microphone. I have been using this accessory for nearly two years and it's never let me down, I gave up using the TomTom for hands free use after a number of crashes (of the TomTom not the car) it's simply too unreliable. In addition phone calls can only be routed via the TomToms built in speaker which isn't very good if the radio is blasting out, the iO unit mutes the radio during a call as well as the nav instructions, it returns back to the car radio/ CD post call or after a nav instruction.
Try a search on this forum for iO-Play and you should find a thread where I detailed fitting the unit to my car, I can't provide a direct link at the moment as I am mobile away from the PC, what model of car and year is it as you will probably need an addapter cable but these are easy to obtain from e-bay or even let Halfords fit it to your car. The unit retails at ?150 fitted by Halfords but can be found for under ?50 on e-bay, I recently purchased one for a mate and it was ?46 include postage - Mike

Ah, an even better solution Mike, well done. You say you bought one for ?46 for a mate, do you remember where that was from? The best I can find new, is ?72 incl P&P & the dreded.

Cheers
Paul

Its just a question of bidding on the right item at the right time, for example a quick search turned one up thats not too costly - Mike

Last edited:
Spotted that one. I avoided adding it in my posting to prevent additional bidders. Thanks for pointing it out though Maike. :)
Paul

Ask a Question