TT GO 730 going haywire

TomTom Model(s)
GO Dicover
I wonder if any members can solve my problem. For the past few days when I switch on my GO 730, the main screen appears then it automatically goes to the list of Police Stations. Although I select a station so that I can go back to main screen, the list keeps re-appearing and I have to switch off. I have tried the reset button to no avail and have even gone back to original download when i bought the Go. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas would be grateful. Thanks

It used to be that the cure for this problem was to slowly move the sharp edge of a business card under the bezel to remove any dirt built up there and causing pressure on the screen. That still works for many. One poster suggested dipping the card in 3 in 1 oil as you moved it around the screen and then remove excess oil from the glass with a cloth.

Unfortunately, over the past three or four months, a bunch of owners with x20 and x30 models haven't solved the problem doing that. It appears that excess heat may be warping the frame somewhat, causing the screen pressure.

So, try the card trick first and see if that helps.

dhn

Thanks for quick reply. I ran the point of a sharp knife between the plastic and screen. This seems to have relieved pressure on screen and everything is working fine so far. So thank you once again.

Ask a Question