TT GO 2505 Traffic info

So I've realized that getting a 740 might put me a little behind the times, so I've been looking into the 2505 model.

I'm a little confused as to the traffic service that this unit uses..

Does it use RDS-TMC only? There's no LIVE service? Can you get LIVE service if you want?

Also, does it have HD traffic like the 2535 .. and what is HD traffic vs. normal RDS-TMC traffic?

Also, when would the 2535 be available on Amazon? And will every 2535 model have this HD traffic service?

Thanks in advance guys.

The higher quality LIVE service is only available on the GO2535 LIVE.

All other GO 2xxx models either have no traffic, or have the lower quality RDS-TMC traffic.

You can add RDS-TMC traffic to any GO 2xxx model that doesn't have it, but you cannot add LIVE traffic as that requires a built-in hardware modem.

Could you tell me more about these 'higher quality' things about LIVE vs RDS?
More timely reporting of conditions, and more roads covered (many secondary roads vs. RDS which typically covers only primary arterials).

More timely reporting of conditions, and more roads covered (many secondary roads vs. RDS which typically covers only primary arterials).

Secondary roads = excellent!

RDS + TomTom = redirect to congested secondary roads during rush hour.. not so helpful ;)

Ask a Question