TT 920 and BBerry 8830 and Telus

Picked up a new 920, the bluetooth on the 8830 worked for one day, then I had lock up on the TT and no bluetooth link up. I had the TT replaced and 8830 will find the new 920, the TT recognizes the 8830, but they will not link. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with TT tech, and after trying every trick in their book, I was told that the TT is a hit and miss with the blackberry and TT tech did not have a solution. Yet in this forum some have successfully connnected their 8830's with 920's. What gives?

I don't recall doing anything in particular. When I first got the TT920, I did not have a bluetooth phone so played with my secretary's phone (not BB) and that worked.

Unlinked it.

Later that week got the 8830 from Verizon and linked. I don't recall what I did but just went through the setup. Maybe a reset of one or both devices might help.

Your PHONE is enabled to be Discovered?

Mine gets hung up on checking phone features at 10% complete, then goes to a red screen that says Blackberry 8830 "an error occurred while checking phone features, do you want to try again? Its almost like its hitting a firewall. I went into the set up on the BB and there are no firewalls in place. The same happens when i try to establish a data connection. I like the device, but its driving me nuts

Hi, I linked my Telus 8830 to the 920. I had the same problem as you. It would come up with the red screen. Everytime the red screen comes up on the 920, my BB would ask for a pass key. I entered in 0000. After that it worked. This enabled the hands free part. For wireless data transfer...you have to go through the manual setup. Telus is not listed as a provider, so select other. Then you will have to type in a name for your access point. I typed Telus. I left the next 2 screens blank. The 920 sends a test to there server. It works.

Ask a Question