TT 910: This function not available

Thank you for providing me a place where I can ask TT questions.

I have an Audiovox SMT 5600 with GPRS connection. I FINALLY got the TT to accept my data connection (no lie I spent an entire day deleting the phone, adding the phone, changing settings on the phone, resetting the TT, etc. )

Now I have two questions that I have searched the internet for and can't find an solution.

1. When I try to dl the phone numbers from my SMT to the TT, I receive the error: This function not available. Any ideas on how to fix this? I did see a post in this forum about not using groups; I deleted my groups but still receive the same error.

2. I can't read/write messages from the TT. The phone receives/sends both but when I tested the TT, the phone did not "foward" the txt message. I get the same message: This funtion not available. Can you help me here?

Thank you again!

For question 1, you can manually add your phone numbers (phonebook). You use windows explorer and located the file 'Contacts' in your TT GO. In that folder look for the text file 'contact' and add the contact names like this:
"Name here","phone # here"

As for question #2, some phones don't have this feature. I can read text messages with my unit but not send them.

Well doesn't that just stink! Thank you for the information on how to add my contacts (is there away to add numbers I have dials to that list in an easy format OR is it going to be the long way).

AND with as great as my smartphone is it doesn't make sense that I can connect with a BT device and it can't import or write/send...how disappointing!

It depends what you consider easy.
What I consider easy is going to the contact folder in your unit and editing the each text file: contacts, dialed received, etc.

Smartphones are difficult to make that option available. TT knew this in advance.

missing contact file

Hi I am a newbie here.. I am missing that contact file in the contacts folder. I created on in a txt format and saved it in that folder and set up phone numbers on my TT but the phonebook field is grayed any ideas?? I can't even select it..

nevermind I figure it out

the file should be named contacts also not contact.. FYI I hope this helps out sorry Pedro a mistype in your directions. But heck it happens..

Thanks for the correction. It's a mistype on my part.

I Believe this text file is created when a bluetooth connection is established with your phone.

Ask a Question