TT 730 : Compass Does not show True Direction

Hi. I recently got my TT 730 and I wanted to setup it "status Bar" info with the compass feature. For the older TT 720, there is an option where you can set your compass to "North" on top and you triangle arrow shows where you are heading, but for the TT 730, this option is gone. Let's say, my map is on 2D with North on Top, my triangle icon is heading NE but the compass triangle shows it's heading NW, and of course there is no "N" on top, that's why the reference is a problem...
I appreciate any fix.
Thanks.

Percy

Attachments

• IMG_1924_resize.JPG
    IMG_1924_resize.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 418
With version 8 of the firmware, the compass points North and **only* North. Some don't believe that but it is true (sometimes laying your unit flat will make that point more obvious).

This Board is full of threads on the loss of functionality that N7 had for the compass. Thar functionality is missed by many, including me. :(

Some of 7's utility can be implemented in the preference for the status bar in 8.3 (and 8.01, I think), where you can select 'direction' to show on the status bar; you'll see the direction of travel in degrees and letters (NW, E, etc.)

It is confusing, since I am heading East but the compass points WEST, for the "Directions", I understand the reference is the "top" which is ZERO degrees and clockwise to 360 degrees. I would just turn it off this feature. I hope they can update this feature with the v7. Thanks.

Ask a Question