TT 720 current location problem - fix???

I have had the TT720 for a couple of days. The only problem I have is a big on.... the location on the TT 720 shows me 150 ft East and 70 ft South of my actual location. I have tried many different things posted from this site and others, to no avail. I am quite frustrated with this. I can't see why TomTom could not put in a button to allow the user to "adjust" the location displayed on the GPS. I want to be able to tell the TT 720 to move my displayed location to the west 150 ft and north 70 ft. This would fix this relatively easy.

I know that every time I had a gpsfix I may have to adjust these coordinates, but I am ok with that. Right now I am driving through houses when I go north or south. This is absolutely ridiculous. The only solution I have is to use my Magellen Maestro 3200 which seems to be very accurate.

Eazye_nwo

Other than an occasional bad quickgpsfix that causes mislocation for 2-3 minutes after turning on, I've never seen a tomtom get a bad signal location. I suspect that's why they don't bother with an "adjustment" option.

Did you download a new quickgpsfix lately? There was a bad one last weekend.

If you're getting 5 bars signal for over 15 minutes, and the location is still off, then, I'd recommend returning the tomtom as defective and getting a new one.

Also, on the slight chance that the map is mislocating your street, look your location up in google maps satellite view. If the roads in the google diagram match the roads in the picture, than the map isn't mislocated.

Bad TomTom

I have had the TT720 for a couple of days. The only problem I have is a big on.... the location on the TT 720 shows me 150 ft East and 70 ft South of my actual location. I have tried many different things posted from this site and others, to no avail. I am quite frustrated with this. I can't see why TomTom could not put in a button to allow the user to "adjust" the location displayed on the GPS. I want to be able to tell the TT 720 to move my displayed location to the west 150 ft and north 70 ft. This would fix this relatively easy.

I know that every time I had a gpsfix I may have to adjust these coordinates, but I am ok with that. Right now I am driving through houses when I go north or south. This is absolutely ridiculous. The only solution I have is to use my Magellen Maestro 3200 which seems to be very accurate.

Eazye_nwo

You have a bad unit. you need to return it.

Ask a Question