TT 720 and Palm PDA Phone

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Ok, I have a 720 and a Palm Treo 700P phone with service from Verizon. I have wireless unlimited "high-speed" access on the phone.

I can get the TT and the Palm to pair via BT, but have yet to be able to set up the services required to access the high speed or utilize the Treo as a phone via the TT. The Treo only recognizes the TT as a "Hands Free Device". When I try to set up for high-speed data the TT errors out, the Treo looks like it is trying to work, but it is obviously not.

Anyone got this to work with a Treo (650P, 700P etc)? TT says the 650 is compatible so there is probably no reason the 700 should not be.

Thanks.

EDIT: Well I played with it a bit more. I re-paired the the phone with the TT via BT, this time from the phone itself. I know I can't make calls from the TT as the Palm doesn't support voice/remote dialing via BT. When I try to set up high-speed data it asks for the make of phone and I select Palm Treo 650 (the only Palm in the list). It then asks for country (US) and then provider, that's where the problem comes in. For whatever reason TT doesn't have Verizon listed as a provider. It has 4 T-Mobiles (I - IV), AT&T/Cingular and one or two others I've not heard of but not Verizon. Is there a way around this?

Last edited:
TT720 & Palm

Can I ask how you were able to pair your treo with the TT? I have a Treo 650 and can get the phone to recognize the TT as a BT device, but when I try to get the TT to connect with my Treo I get an error message that says the TT can't figure out the phone features and aborts the connection so I can't finish setting it up. The BT speakerphone was one of the main reasons I bought the unit and I can't get it to work.
Thanks

Ok, I have a 720 and a Palm Treo 700P phone with service from Verizon. I have wireless unlimited "high-speed" access on the phone.

I can get the TT and the Palm to pair via BT, but have yet to be able to set up the services required to access the high speed or utilize the Treo as a phone via the TT. The Treo only recognizes the TT as a "Hands Free Device". When I try to set up for high-speed data the TT errors out, the Treo looks like it is trying to work, but it is obviously not.

Anyone got this to work with a Treo (650P, 700P etc)? TT says the 650 is compatible so there is probably no reason the 700 should not be.

Thanks.

EDIT: Well I played with it a bit more. I re-paired the the phone with the TT via BT, this time from the phone itself. I know I can't make calls from the TT as the Palm doesn't support voice/remote dialing via BT. When I try to set up high-speed data it asks for the make of phone and I select Palm Treo 650 (the only Palm in the list). It then asks for country (US) and then provider, that's where the problem comes in. For whatever reason TT doesn't have Verizon listed as a provider. It has 4 T-Mobiles (I - IV), AT&T/Cingular and one or two others I've not heard of but not Verizon. Is there a way around this?

Have you tried choosing the option to enter your connection information manually? Somewhere in your phone is stored your login information for your data connection to Verizon (or call Verizon support for it). Enter that manually into the TT & see if it connects.

Ask a Question