Trying to play mp3's via SD card

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 920
Hi gang

So I took my 2GB SD card and added some mp3's to it, insert it into my TT-920, but I can't see the songs in my TT, I can see my playlist on Win Explorer when I plug the TT to my pc but not in my TT device.

Isn't it supposed to play mp3's that's in the SD card??

EDIT:
Btw, I did make a folder called mp3 in my SD card and still my device wont see the songs, but when I add the same songs to my device's internal HD, it recognizes it and plays it.

Last edited:
folder names are I think case sensitive.

I would verify it this way:

rename your new 'mp3' folder in the SD drive to.. lets say, mp3back.

open tomtom's internal drive in one window. Then the sd drive in another window.

Then copy the entire mp3 folder from internal drive (right click on it and hit copy). Then paste it to the SD drive. This should work and you will see songs in both drives.

folder names are I think case sensitive.

I would verify it this way:

rename your new 'mp3' folder in the SD drive to.. lets say, mp3back.

open tomtom's internal drive in one window. Then the sd drive in another window.

Then copy the entire mp3 folder from internal drive (right click on it and hit copy). Then paste it to the SD drive. This should work and you will see songs in both drives.
Thanks Gerry!
This worked wonderfully! :D

Ask a Question