Truck Route Setting

On the 700, does anyone know of a truck route setting? I use in my RV alot and do not need to caught in a tight situation.

There are no truck route settings. I would recommend you keep it on fastest route to keep to main roads.

Donleo, I remember seeing this question asked on one of the European based TomTom sites. The consensus was that it wasn't possible to automatically route around those spots, but that you can add them to a custom POI category and at least see when you're approaching one. To do that, you're going to need a list of locations and I don't know where you'd find that. A thought is that there may be trucker oriented websites with that information. A friend of mine will be seeing a driver for Prime Trucking over Christmas and will try to remember to ask about this. If I find anything out, I'll reply back here.

If you can come up with a list that ideally includes latitude and longitude, somebody here would probably be willing to convert it to a POI file for you.

donleo, where are are you located and what locations are you interested? If your interested, I might do some search on truck routes and make a POI for you.

Routeing

I would like to have it if it were available when I am in My Motorhome as to avoid ant tight areas.

I have a LowClearance (12'9") POI. I'll try to post it in the POI section for you.

OK I put it in the RedLight camera section, but likely it will be moved. I don't know where to put it.:confused:

low bridges - low clearances

go to Low Clearance GPS Data
it had the low clearances for all 48 states as POI
It will warn you if a low bridge or clearance is on your route
it will work for the TOM TOM as well as several other brands

It will warn you how ever many MILES prior to reaching the bridge as you set the preferences up for.

The cost is 14.95 for a years subscription. The only other option is to purchase and actual truck navigation gps that has all that already in it. Those however start at around $250 for a simple model up to about $600 for a good one.

If your not a professional truck driver and only worried about clearance issues than the POI add on is probably your best solution. Unless you have a larger motor home that is over 35 foot long not counting anything your towing that would make some roads impassable with a vehicle that size. Than I would suggest upgrading to a truck GPS.

Any how good luck and be safe driving..

A professional trucker!

PocketGPSWorld.com has similar POI data for low bridges in the UK and Europe. Different height sets are available as part of the "premium POIs" for subscribers to the site.

Ask a Question