truck maps

First of all, what model unit do you have?

Next, why are you asking about a 'truck' map? Did you get such a map from TomTom?

karaokebob,

Does TomTom Work == TomTom Truck Maps?I

I am not sure what you are talking about as here in the US we don't have Truck maps.
There may be European Truck maps but am not sure if they are part of TomTom work.

Didn't you obtain theses maps using TomTom's HOME application?

In any case I would think that TomTom would have provided you with the appropriate navcore for your maps if you did purchase them.
karaokebob said:
do you need the same app on your SD card as your tomtom
Using a SD card you can run multiple versions of navcore's and maps.

Why would a person do this?

I for example back when TomTom introduced stuttering had the older navcore and older maps on a SD card and the newer maps and faltering voices navcore on internal memory.

When I couldn't stand the stuttering I would insert the SD card and everything would be run from there.

You can't however run an older navcore with the newer maps.

Perhaps this may be your problem
Did you load the Truck maps to the SD card and update the navcore on internal?

I you also happened to have an older navcore on the SD card there would be your problem.
Try updating the navcore on your SD card using Home.

Tomtom WORK released truck maps for the UK (eg: contains height restrictions, etc).

I have no first hand experience with them, but my understanding is that they require specific truck version of the application.

I recommend calling UK WORK sales/service at +44 (0)207 255 977 4

Ask a Question