Trouble updating to 1.5

The eagerly awaited v1.5 arrives in the app store... but I can't update it.

Every time I try, I get the message: "There is not enough space to download TomTom Europe. Please delete some photos or videos."

Thinking, ok, maybe 2GB free is not enough (maybe for buffering or something), I have removed a whole load of stuff...

According to my iPhone4, I now have 4.2GB free (according to a synchronised iTunes, I have 5.9GB free, not sure why the discrepancy).

How can 4.2GB not be enough space to update (not download from scratch, mind) a 1.86GB app??!!

Anyone else encountered this... and better still, got round it?

Thanks

Giles

Anyone else encountered this... and better still, got round it?

Ok, to answer my own question...

Did a quick sync of the iPhone with a few of the music boxes unchecked... releasing 15GB of space.

It's happily downloading now (after which I will put the music back on it)

v1.5 upgrade on ipod touch not enough space

I have the same issue with the upgrade stating I don't have enough space, I have 3.6g but the app won't upgrade.

My ipod touch is only 16g, so I can't get that much space back, my music is only 8g..not sure what to do, but this looks like it's an issue that TomTom should be looking at.

Ask a Question