Trouble updating 730

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
Your works computer is probably hiding behind a firewall to a larger extent than your home computer which is often the reason that TomTom Home doesn't work at work.

As to the device being supplied with the very latest maps, this isn't really viable as you never know how long it's sat on a shelf for and the v840 map was only recently released - Mike

Mike

I have recently (7 days ago) bought a 730 GO which I have renamed 730 No-Go as the the latest update is too big to fit on the internal memory (7 updates behind).

Also failed to fit on a 2GB SD card and screwed my system up in the process. Did a restore and now it is unstable and am waiting for TomTom Support to sort it out.

Any ideas?

Ron

1) Remove all the computer voices, except for the one you use.

2) Then remove/reinstall the app per here.

3) Then try to download the map again. You should be getting version 840.

Note - after step 2, the 730 will support SDHC cards, so you could load up to a 32GB card if you chose.

Cheers, tried and worked for a while.

Became unstable and a battery low warning flashed up before closing.

Odd as it had been connected to the car and the green charge light was on.

Tried connected to the computer and does not seem to charge even though the green light is on, both with different cables

Have it connected to a mains adapter and seems to charge and seems stable whilst connected.

How long does it take to charge fully? and does the green charge light change colour?

The colour does not change when the unit is fully charged. If I read your description properly, it seems to charge on the car but not when docked at home. Try a different usb port, one at the back of the computer if at all possible and not one on a usb hub.

No, it does not appear to charge in the car and I am using a 'powered usb hub' on my computer.

Also is it possible to have posts link so I would be able to be informed when it is updated?

No, it does not appear to charge in the car and I am using a 'powered usb hub' on my computer.

Also is it possible to have posts link so I would be able to be informed when it is updated?

Well, can you try a different car charger then?

Not clear what you're asking about updated post links.

Have not got another car charger but I have it on charge via a mains charger and will observe how long it takes to charge and if it charges fully.

Allow it to stand over night and see if its held its charge.

Then run it with out being connected to see if it looses it's capacity quickly.

Recharge it and see how we go.

I have a feeling that this unit may have been sitting around on a shelf for some time before sale and the battery has lost it's 'up-and -atom'.

It should take longer to charge by computer rather than the mains (as you Brits refer to it ;) ).

Yeah, my 720 is pretty well shot vis-a-vis holding a battery charge after being fully charged. down to about 5 minutes.

Anyway, you seem to have a sensible plan laid out.

Ask a Question