Tripmaster v2.5, compliant with v8.350, is available

TripMaster 2.5 working with v8.410

I have a One 140S, running v8.410. I had no problems installing and running TripMaster 2.5 with the TTN patch.

I am curious about one thing. Does anyone have any good information as to how the Altitude feature works, and how reliable it is.

Thanks for all the great information so far.

Does anyone have any good information as to how the Altitude feature works, and how reliable it is..

I'm not quite sure what you are interested in knowing, but the altitude is read directly from the GPS chip. I have checked the altitude in TripMaster driving many 1000s of miles in Europe and North America, and I find it to be very accurate. Almost all the time it's less than 10 meters from the real altitude.

Hello

I have a One 140S, running v8.410. I had no problems installing and running TripMaster 2.5 with the TTN patch..
As fas as I know, you don't need the TTN patch to get Tripmaster running on navcore 8.410.
As the CPU of our Tomtom is not that powerful, don't overload it by a useless program and remove the TTN patch.

Loaded tripmaster on my 340S and it does not need the patch to work.
Very nice add on program.

Are you sure that TripMaster slows your GO930 down? I have just been driving about 2000 miles using TM 2.5 all the time, and I didn't see any slowdown of my GO930 with NavCore 8.350. I even loggen all my trip each 15 second.

But if you ONLY need altitude, you should rather use Height.

Turns out it was 90% POIs and 10% TripMaster.

I couldn't get Height to work.

I'm considerably TomTom challenged... :confused: LOL

Have TM and a respectable refresh speed now, although TM does slow the refresh rate down a small but noticeable amount.

Anyone know what the icon above your current speed is for?
I can't seem to find it described anywhere.

I can't seem to get Tripmaster working on my 730. I followed the instruction and also installed the hook plug in. Any thoughts?

Tripmaster not logging waypoints on TT Rider 2

I have TomTom Rider 2. - App 7.901, Map N.America v835.2421.

I had not used my Rider in several weeks so I had to run an extensive update from TT, installing new version of Home and the latest map. After that was accompllished, i went on a ride using Tripmaster to log my journey. When I got home I found that Tripmaster had not recorded anything more than the origination and the destination in spite of the fact that I have logging set to drop a waypoint every 2.5 miles and every 60 degrees of course change. All of this worked beautifully before. When I went to import the GPX file into TYRE, needless to say, I was quite disappointed.

I then reinstalled Tripmaster ver. 2.5 and tried again. Same result. It does not seem that this problem is related to the Navcore 8.35 issue (though my map version suspiciously says v835?) So I did not install the additional plugin. Tripmaster has all apparent functionality it had before except it isn't laying down tracks!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

I have TomTom Rider 2. - App 7.901, Map N.America v835.2421.

I had not used my Rider in several weeks so I had to run an extensive update from TT, installing new version of Home and the latest map. After that was accompllished, i went on a ride using Tripmaster to log my journey. When I got home I found that Tripmaster had not recorded anything more than the origination and the destination in spite of the fact that I have logging set to drop a waypoint every 2.5 miles and every 60 degrees of course change. All of this worked beautifully before. When I went to import the GPX file into TYRE, needless to say, I was quite disappointed.

I then reinstalled Tripmaster ver. 2.5 and tried again. Same result. It does not seem that this problem is related to the Navcore 8.35 issue (though my map version suspiciously says v835?) So I did not install the additional plugin. Tripmaster has all apparent functionality it had before except it isn't laying down tracks!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

Not sure if this is the case, but I was recently reviewing the documentation, and it states to make sure you stop logging prior to powering off the TOMTOM. Hope this helps

I just upgraded from 1.8 to 2.5 and I must say I like the enhancements that have been done. Couple of questions. I notice on my GO910 that the display (speed, compass) are running about 4 seconds behind. So if I start from 0 mph and go to 5 mph, it takes about 3 to 4 seconds for it to show the correct speed. I played with the setup and moved the update speed to 200 millaseconds, but that didn't change anything. I am planning on going to 1000 so it would update every second and see if it helps and that would also make me believe it is a processor issue.

Second question. The reset area doesn't see to be working in 2.5. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
Darren

Not sure if this is the case, but I was recently reviewing the documentation, and it states to make sure you stop logging prior to powering off the TOMTOM. Hope this helps

I did that. After turning loggiing off, shut down the rider, brought it home, plugged it in to the computer, imported the saved Tripmaster route to TYRE... no waypoints.

Today I used the KML format and found that the waypoints were there but some other wierd stuff is going on. and the Waypoints used to display with names in TYRE like "distance 3" "Course 1", etc. Now they are not visible at all.

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully someone has the answer...

bob

I'm wondering what the speedo maximum speed reads to on the tripmaster software.

I have a 200 MPH speedo and live in a metric World so really need a 300 km/ph speedo on my TTGo720

Ask a Question