Tripmaster v2.5, compliant with v8.350, is available

Hello,

Tripmaster v2.5 is available for download here :
Le Web Bazar !!! Tripmaster !!!

This version is compliant with Tomtom v8.350 navcore. It doesn't bring any other new features, except this compliance. To make it work on v8.350, you need to download and install the file provided here :
Le Web Bazar !!! Applications Tomtom !! Patch Tomtom v8.350 !!!

And good news, Height and Tripmaster may work together, although they use both a ttn file. You just need to modify the LD_PRELOAD line in my ttn file as follows :
Code:
LD_PRELOAD=/mnt/sdcard/Height/height.so:/mnt/sdcard/plugins_hook/plugins_hook.so ttn

Then, you'll get height display, except when Tripmaster is in foreground.

PS: the ttn file edition must be done with an editor that maintains the Unix format of the file, like UltraEdit or Vi.

Thanks again.

Cheers
I've got it loaded, and apart from some peculiar screen blinking as Tripmaster fires up, it appears to work again. I've been trying to get this particular piece of software loaded and running for a while now, and have been hosed at every turn lately by TomTom's changes. I must say I DO appreciate the author's persistence in making this application fly on subsequently stranger and stranger versions of Navcore. Reverse engineering someone else's code with no API is an art.

Perhaps this Spring I can FINALLY give Tripmaster the workout that I've long intended to see if it's suitable for the application I have in mind. We've had some issues out in Colorado where the USFS says they plan to close down any roads not on their maps, and their maps keep "losing" roads -- we suspect just so that they can be "closed". If I can get the autologging feature to work, I can put the TomTom to use in mapping out "missing" roads to add to their database. There's quite a number of us working on this project, but most of them are taking raw NMEA data from some Garmin device to a notebook PC while driving. I'd love to get my TomTom to manage that automatically, and this application might just do the trick. If so, the author will have another happy PayPal "subscriber" soon.

Hello,

I'd love to get my TomTom to manage that automatically, and this application might just do the trick. If so, the author will have another happy PayPal "subscriber" soon.

I really think you've got already all the needed stuff in Tripmaster :
- autologging is working
- record your traces in NMEA format
and then send them to Tomtom.

I hope you also know the Mapshare feature of Tomtom that allows you to fix a map on your device and then send the mods to Tomtom, thru TTH ?

I hope you also know the Mapshare feature of Tomtom that allows you to fix a map on your device and then send the mods to Tomtom, thru TTH ?
Yes, I am familiar with that feature and use it when possible. However, adding a new road is not possible via TTH mapshare in this case (not that it is ever easy). These "roads" are not something that are easy to discern by satellite, and they wander all over the mountains. I would have to send them your tracks! The roads are managed by the U.S. Forest Service.

In this particular case, I think that TomTom does not need to know and should not know about these roads. Many of them are not passible by ordinary passenger cars and require 4WD to navigate. Why would anyone want to go there??? Many historical Colorado sites are not available from paved roads. Many of the old mining towns died before pavement was in use.

Height?

I see a reference to a plugin called Height in a previous message? What is it and where can I find it.

Thanks,

Preston

ps.

By the way, what are the significant changes in the latest NA maps - is there a site that gives us an overview?

And when installing an updated map, should I delete the previous version before installing the new one?

Last edited:
Not a good idea to 'hijack a thread' by deviating from the topic (which is Tripmaster).

Very briefly, the new map should overwrite the old one with required files.

Any further questions you need assistance with about the map, post in the 700 series, 900 series or the TT News forums, please.

Thanks.

Tripmaster v2.5

I've never been able to get tripmaster to work on my TomTom One App 8.010 (9369/080529). My TT says it has 32mb of RAM with 2.7mb being free. Do I have enough room? So what would be the best way for me to install this starting from square one? Install the patch and then tripmaster? I'm also confused as to where exactly to install, in the TT root directory outside of any folders?

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32bit on my pc with 4gb of ram and an AMD dual core @ 2.8ghz.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've never been able to get tripmaster to work on my TomTom One App 8.010 (9369/080529). My TT says it has 32mb of RAM with 2.7mb being free. Do I have enough room? So what would be the best way for me to install this starting from square one? Install the patch and then tripmaster? I'm also confused as to where exactly to install, in the TT root directory outside of any folders?

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32bit on my pc with 4gb of ram and an AMD dual core @ 2.8ghz.

Thanks!

If yours is ONE V3 then you're out of luck since Creator clearly indicated in his "Known Problems" section.

Version 3?

I guess when you say Version 3 that's the same as 3rd Edition? Or are you referring to something else? Here's an image of my TT info screen.

Just noticed too when I added the image that now it says I have 32mb of ram free??

Last edited:
1. One V3 is One 3rd Edition, yes.
2. You can pretty much ignore what displayed in HOME's "Operate My GO" since it is just a simulator, in your case, the memory availability, OS, bootloader, .... isn't true.
3. Update your posted image (if you can)

It's a 3rd Edition. :-(

I just looked at the bottom of it and it is a 3rd Edition. Are there any
new TT's or other GPS's available that will accept 3rd party stuff
or will I have to find a used one? If you can pleaseprovide a short
list of one's I can modify so I will know what to look for. My kids
have pretty much taken this one over so I'd like to try to find one t
hat will work with TripMaster. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I've followed the steps, but Tripmaster is still flashing off and on. Any ideas? (Height is working OK after the recommended fix on the ttn file)

Thanks, Andy

Go 920, 8.35, Tripmaster 2.5

I just looked at the bottom of it and it is a 3rd Edition. Are there any
new TT's or other GPS's available that will accept 3rd party stuff

or will I have to find a used one? If you can pleaseprovide a short
list of one's I can modify so I will know what to look for. My kids
have pretty much taken this one over so I'd like to try to find one t
hat will work with TripMaster. Thanks for your help!
According to the Tripmaster Author, any TT unit should work except ONE V3.

I've (albeit briefly) attempted to look into what data this tripmaster program collects, and I've verified it is indeed working --thanks alot author, its definitely agreeable you deserve kudos for sustaining an app on software where plugin support has stopped =\ --

Out of the different available save types listed on tripmaster's site, is there one that people tend to use more / is a little nicer for viewing path data and such?

---edit----
I'd also like to add, it seems that if I hit the lower left corner to 'make it run in background' it seems to carry forward that command into the main screen and brings up the 'menu' as if i've pressed on the map.. (i have the side bar located on the righthand side) further to that, if i click the X in the top right, it does the same thing, and 'rereads the last spoken command' as that's where the main screen has that part of the side-bar.

Is this expected? I'd prefer if it's an option and not a glitch, to have it just go back to the main screen..

Last edited:
Is there some way to have TripMaster not slow my GO930 right down?

I really just want altitude, and getting the TT to do this has been fun, although this last round of TM, v8.35 and the patch works way better than when I tried it last summer.

Is there some way to have TripMaster not slow my GO930 right down?.

Are you sure that TripMaster slows your GO930 down? I have just been driving about 2000 miles using TM 2.5 all the time, and I didn't see any slowdown of my GO930 with NavCore 8.350. I even loggen all my trip each 15 second.

But if you ONLY need altitude, you should rather use Height.

Are you sure that TripMaster slows your GO930 down? I have just been driving about 2000 miles using TM 2.5 all the time, and I didn't see any slowdown of my GO930 with NavCore 8.350. I even loggen all my trip each 15 second.

But if you ONLY need altitude, you should rather use Height.

Thanks...

I wasn't sure if Height would work with v8.35. So many applications seem to have issues with the later versions that I was skeptical.

I can't say categorically that TripMaster is the reason my GO930 is slow refreshing because I also added some POIs when I was updating. The V8.35 update went smoothly and the GO was working great but now it seems to take 3 or 4 times as long (maybe more) for each refresh. I'll be out of a corner and it'll still show me in it. It hadn't done that before. Perhaps I configured something in the TripMaster setup incorrectly.

The Garmin unit of my friends display height, I just wish the TomTom would as well as an option in the standard information or at minimum when you go to the sat-info screen. I would just like to get a general sense of how high some hills are regardless of the issues of Z coordinate accuracy.

Ask a Question