Tripmaster v2.0 Beta now available

There is already a v2b1 version available. Some users experienced freezing.

Remember that this is experimental, and Roussillat is trying to find a way around the problems the original Tripmaster has with NaveCore 7. He is counting on us to test it out and debug it.

One thing I have notice is that when you minimize beta2 and close your tomtom, On reboot and starting beta2 it does not reset the average speeds. you have to close beta2 (upper right corner) to reset the average speeds. You might say so what, but if it is running minimized and you turn it off and back on later, you will see that the speeds aren't reset and will have to close the program and restart again.

Note: Is it normal to close tripmaster (upper right corner) and not be able to connect to the satellites? I have to turn off the tomtom to reconnect? Just wondering, it was happening on 1.8a also. Thanks for the great program, Doug

Can't Set Time On Tripmaster 2.0

I downloaded Tripmaster 1.8 and 2.0 back onto my 510 w Nav7. I see that many of the parameters can be set through TM 1.8 (since there is no menu available w/ 2.0) but one thing I noticed which can not be set is the time. When you try to do it the screen becomes garbaged. has anyone else noticed this. Plus I notice flickers on the menu screen when setting applications for coordinates etc.:confused:

Is there any way to avoid using the sdkregistry directory, as its existence messes up the v7 menu system?

Henry

I installed the new v2b5 version this morning, all other displays seem to work except the main speed indicator which just reads '0'. I couldn't do much today, the car was in for servicing all day.

Is there any way to avoid using the sdkregistry directory, as its existence messes up the v7 menu system?

Henry
I keep hearing this, but have installed the improved OffRoad Navigator (same author), have it working, and have not experienced the missing menu items. OffRoad also uses the sdkregistry folder. FYI: Running 720 with 7.221.

???

I keep hearing this, but have installed the improved OffRoad Navigator (same author), have it working, and have not experienced the missing menu items. OffRoad also uses the sdkregistry folder. FYI: Running 720 with 7.221.
???

May be someone could try to rename the tripmaster.cap file in the /sdkregistry in anything else with .cap suffix and tell us if it changes something to this problem.

I keep hearing this, but have installed the improved OffRoad Navigator (same author), have it working, and have not experienced the missing menu items. OffRoad also uses the sdkregistry folder. FYI: Running 720 with 7.221.???
Just installed the latest beta on my TT1v2, and:
  1. It crashes the TT every time it is invoked
  2. The mere existense of the SDK directory with just a cap file (or whatever it is called) in it messes up the TT menus eg the help options and others disappear.
Sad :-((

Henry

Just installed the latest beta on my TT1v2, and:
  1. It crashes the TT every time it is invoked
  2. The mere existense of the SDK directory with just a cap file (or whatever it is called) in it messes up the TT menus eg the help options and others disappear.
Sad :-((

Henry
Too strange. I now have *.cap files in the sdkregistry folder from two applications ... OffRoad Navigator (offroad.cap) and TomTom Media Center (MediaCenter.cap) and I do not have any problems with menus. Looks just the same as when I took it out of the box.

TT Rider2

Hi
I'm new to this forum and didn't know where to post this question,
I have a TT Rider2 and installed Tripmaster 2 (Great Add on to TT)

Having problems with the garbaged set up screens but have done most of the configuration in the config.txt file as sugeested in this forum.

The problem I am having is that when I record a journey to the Itn folder and recall the particular Itn later the TTR2 doesn't retrace the exact route as the original

It wants to take me via the shortest, or fastest route etc. even though all the recorded points are there in the Itn file.

Is there something in the set-up that I am missing.

I love this feature and would like to be able to retrace the exact route on a future ride by reloading that particular .Itn

Thanks for your effort Rousillat & runarg ... I purchased the TT Rider2 after being told (by sales person) that this features was built in to the TTR2

(How wrong they were) :mad:

Thanks again
Greg

Hi
The problem I am having is that when I record a journey to the Itn folder and recall the particular Itn later the TTR2 doesn't retrace the exact route as the original. It wants to take me via the shortest, or fastest route etc. even though all the recorded points are there in the Itn file.
Is there something in the set-up that I am missing ?

No, you're not missing anything. The surest way to retrace the route exactly how it was is to use "shortest way". If you use "quickest way", Tomtom will optimize your trip and will ignore some waypoints. Using "shortest way" will use more waypoints, but in some case, it may ignore some.

The only problem you'll encounter is that, if you don't pass straight on each waypoint, Tomtom will ask to turn back to the missed waypoint, or you'll need to cancel it manually. This is not a Tripmaster issue, this is a Tomtom issue, which is very boring.

Rider2 & Tripmaster (ReverseItn)

Hi roussillat,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I think I am slowly coming to terms with the TTR2's short comings, I have experimented with different settings and have found that using TomTom's Bicycle route option gives the best track especially when using ReverseItn.

I have also noticed that when using ReverseItn particularly on roads that are multi-lane (eg Highways) the reverse Itn track wants to pass directly over the recorded way point, this produces strange tracks (lots of U-Turns) due to the fact that the reverse Track (eg Opposite Lane) is displaced some distance from the recorded way point.

Is there a setting in the config file that reduces the sensitivity of the itn logs so that the TomTom doesn't have to be so precise and pass directly over the way point for example if I was within 10 -15 meters of the way point the TTR2 would consider the way point to have been visited.

Thanks Greg

Is there a setting in the config file that reduces the sensitivity of the itn logs so that the TomTom doesn't have to be so precise and pass directly over the way point for example if I was within 10 -15 meters of the way point the TTR2 would consider the way point to have been visited.

Unfortunately not... That's why I have realized skipwaypoint, that allows you to skip a non-visited waypoint in one click.

Ask a Question