Tripmaster V2.0 Beta is ready

The Beta has been working on my unit running Nav 8.016 since the beginning....good to hear it's working on 8.3xx now.

Even more glad to hear it is still under development...I was starting to wonder if it was dead.

Just tried to load it on my GO730 with 8.302, but although it shows as an application in TomTom Home, it states "This item does not work on your device. Therefore, it cannot be installed"...

How do I get around that???

OK, I tried loading it as per the flash demo. All went good and as per the demo, except when I went to change the config file. There was no config file there...

OK, I tried loading it as per the flash demo. All went good and as per the demo, except when I went to change the config file. There was no config file there...
Did you start TripMaster as I show in the flash? The config file is created when you start TripMaster and go the (scrambled) config screen.

Did you start TripMaster as I show in the flash? The config file is created when you start TripMaster and go the (scrambled) config screen.
Yes, but each time it went to the scrambled screen, I could not get out of it. Tapping the top right corner did nothing. I have had to use pin reset everytime to get out of the scrambled screen...

When in the scambled screen try different areas to close the application. Be patient, TM has a fairly long response time to screen taps. It may take a few seconds to respond.

I have a TomTom 930T with navigation software version 8.302.

I downloaded TripMaster from the webpage, and unzipped it. I copied the folders directly into the root directory of the TomTom drive letter, when it was connected to the computer, without using TomTom HOME at all (it wasn't even open at the time).

On the TomTom's main menu, now I have a "TripMaster v2.0" icon.

Unfortunately, when I tap that icon, the screen just goes black for about 2 seconds. Then, it immediately flips back to the TomTom's main navigation screen. TripMaster doesn't seem to be coming up at all.

It doesn't crash the TomTom or cause it to reboot, which is good, but it doesn't do anything useful at all, either. It just gives me about 2 seconds of black screen, then it's back to the normal TomTom interface.

Rats, I was really looking forward to getting a working altitude readout on the TomTom!

Works fine for me as well...Is this the first time you have tried to install Tripmaster? If so you need to follow the install instructions vs. just copying to your TT. There is another altitude program BTW...go here :D

When in the scambled screen try different areas to close the application. Be patient, TM has a fairly long response time to screen taps. It may take a few seconds to respond.
I tried several times over the weekend, leaving it for up to 15mins at a time, and it still wouldnt work.
I have given up for now, but I'll maybe try again at a later date when the tripmaster program has been made a little more stable...

I believe there is a version posted on the site now that does not require a 1.8 version to have been installed earlier.

Yeah...finally...I did something right and got Tripmaster on my 720, but, I do not see a 'config file' to change things to my Yankee mind set....maybe I should come over to the enlightened side...eh?

Config. file found...all is good. Good night from sunny, warm Colorado.

Last edited:
For those of you having problems installing V2.0:

There is a new version 2.0 on the website now. It should fix most problems with install. What you do is:

Download the zip-file
Unzip it to the root of your device
Start TripMaster
Exit TripMaster.

Now the config-file has been created and everything should work fine!:)

I might try this Tripmaster on this time, last time I used EventLogger and it slowed my unit down significantly.

The last time I had tripmaster installed, its icon apparently over-rode other standard icons - is that still the case ?

The last time I had tripmaster installed, its icon apparently over-rode other standard icons - is that still the case ?
TripMaster package already includes the skdregistry folder, if you don't currently use your own custom menu, then it should be fine, Tomtom will load up the original main menu plus the TripMaster icon in the last page, however if you use your custom menu, Tomtom.mnu, then you must have at least one TASK_SDK available, otherwise TripMaster icon won't show up.

So far, I like it so I move TripMaster onto the first page of Main Menu for easy access.

Does any expert know how to adjust the time shown in the TripMaster?
My GPS shows correctly but TripMaster is off by 7 hours.

Updated: I got it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question