Tripmaster V2.0 Beta is ready

What specific items do you get from it. What do you feel is the biggest benefit for having it on the machine?
For me it's 2 things:

1: The logging. When I was driving a 5000miles trip in USA and Canada this summer, I logged each 15 second of the trip. It's great to see all the trip in Google Earth afterwards!

2: Display of altitude.

[
For me it's 2 things:

1: The logging. When I was driving a 5000miles trip in USA and Canada this summer, I logged each 15 second of the trip. It's great to see all the trip in Google Earth afterwards!

2: Display of altitude.

That sounds excellent.
I am planing to drive again (not ride) to View attachment 2171 (cannot attach as Train mountan.kmz)
next year and detour via the Beartooth Highway (US 212) south of Red Lodge, MT.
Would be nice to lock in the altitude.

I have looked at your flash when you posted it here and again a few times today but could not find a SDK folder in my device, a 930.

I am a slow reader and your flash goes past me a little too fast (flash, no wonder).

Not now but I will take the time to make some screen prints and the see if I can install it.

Thanks,
Arno

Last edited:
Now hear this, now hear this!
TTR2 software 7.541 is now available and lo and behold! Tripmaster works on it!

Not 100% mind you, but it works nonetheless.

I have looked at your flash when you posted it here and again a few times today but could not find a SDK folder in my device, a 930.
The folder is called SDKREGISTRY. It should be there. If not, try to create it.

I am a slow reader and your flash goes past me a little too fast (flash, no wonder).
You know that you can pause the flash at any point? You can also go back and you can run it manually frame by frame:)

The folder is called SDKREGISTRY. It should be there. If not, try to create it.
I know how to make a folder. I was just worried that there maybe an undesirable interaction with the machine.
You know that you can pause the flash at any point? You can also go back and you can run it manually frame by frame:)
I have re-installed the flash player and now have the operators at the bottom.
I will make a complete Explorer backup over in the next few days. I'll give it a try then and report back.
Thank you for your patience.

Ive got a new 730, I downloaded tripmaster 2.10 and dragged and dropped the two files to the route directory of the tomtom. I get the icon on the third screen but the tapping on the icon gets me a little flash but thats it?

Did i install it wrong?

How do I get tripmaster to show up on my custom menu? It works fine if I do a factory reset and then install on the original menu set (main menu page 4), but I want to use my custom menus...tks

UPDATED: Figured it out - |menuitem|task_sdk1|

Last edited:
Tripmaster menu not comming up on TomTom One 3rd edition

I was able to get TripMaster 2.0 running on my TomTom One 3rd Ed. running software version 8.010. It's a great app., thanks much runarg for putting this together.

The one thing that I couldn't get working is bringing up the menu. Pushing the II symbol at the bottom right window doesn't work, although everything else does, including start/stop logging, going back to the map view, etc. Is this a known issue?

Since the II button didn't work for me, I also tried getting around it by editing the config.txt file manually. I was able to change the "trackformat" field to "kml" for google map. However, changing "units" from "metric" to "imperial" didn't seem to stick, it keeps getting reverted back to "metric".

I followed the instructions to a Tee, but after the screen goes wonky I tap the top right corner but the unit doesn't respond. I need to do a hard reset in order to get the unit to reconnect to the pc. When I do this there is no config file in the tripmaster directory.

Using version 8.320 on a Go910

I followed the instructions to a Tee, but after the screen goes wonky I tap the top right corner but the unit doesn't respond. I need to do a hard reset in order to get the unit to reconnect to the pc. When I do this there is no config file in the tripmaster directory.

Using version 8.320 on a Go910
Oops ... As if things weren't bad enough at Navcore7, your version 8.3X software will be a total washout with 3rd party programs including (at least for now) TripMaster.

TT managed to break the API so badly on 8.3 that even the workarounds we had used don't help now. I know of only one 3rd party outfit called Tiscali ( http://web.tiscali.it/macri/Event_Logger ) that seems to have discovered the magic so far, and they have an 8.3 compatible verison in beta. Good thing, as they produce a very useful product.

Oops ... As if things weren't bad enough at Navcore7, your version 8.3X software will be a total washout with 3rd party programs including (at least for now) TripMaster.

TT managed to break the API so badly on 8.3 that even the workarounds we had used don't help now. I know of only one 3rd party outfit called Tiscali ( http://web.tiscali.it/macri/Event_Logger ) that seems to have discovered the magic so far, and they have an 8.3 compatible verison in beta. Good thing, as they produce a very useful product.
Weeeell, Macri got the magic from pilsit, a regular on the German list.
I use pilsit's autosuspend se and notepad P on screen 4 of the Main Menu.
From exchanges between pilsit and macri I know that the latter is working on Event Logger.

Weeeell, Macri got the magic from pilsit, a regular on the German list.
That would be some excellent news. The Tripmaster site still says

[SIZE=+1]These plugins work only on Tomtom version v7.54 and lower. I'm not supporting them anymore.[/SIZE]

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this changes soon. For beating around in the bushes, it was a great solution.

I have been running V2.10 Beta for a while on GO720 with Ver8.010. (Went back from 8.300). Works well but cannot get the setup screens to work. Alway have to edit the config.txt file to change things.

Tried it with Ver8.204 but did not get it to start at all. Also with 8.204 have lost computer voices but I think I may have messed up the LoquendoTTS folder.

Ask a Question