Tripmaster V1.6 final version

Tripmaster V1.6c

Tripmaster 1.6c is ready for download.Among other improvements it now includes autostart, you can start Tripmaster automatically when you start TomTom:)

First of all, I just want to say that I love Tripmaster. This is the kind of application that TomTom should have included in the base firmware. But oh well, I'm happy that TomToms are extensible in this way.

However, I do have a feature request. Would it be possible to show the % grade and/or slope angle next to the inclinometer? I often pre-drive some of my planned cycling routes and it's helpful to know the measure of the incline.

I finally used tripmaster with the logging feature and I am amazed... If you use it with TYRE (trace your route everywhere) it will map it on google maps for you... mph, time, distance etc etc... Now I can find out where my girl really is when she says she was somewhere else. :)

I did not try this but is it possible to start tripmaster with auto logging on and minimized instead of having to tap the lower left corner to minimize it?

Tripmaster 1.6c is ready for download.Among other improvements it now includes autostart, you can start Tripmaster automatically when you start TomTom:)

woops! I stand corrected... just 3 posts above yours... helps to READ (for me to) :D

I finally used tripmaster with the logging feature and I am amazed... If you use it with TYRE (trace your route everywhere) it will map it on google maps for you... mph, time, distance etc etc... Now I can find out where my girl really is when she says she was somewhere else. :)
I did not try this but is it possible to start tripmaster with auto logging on and minimized instead of having to tap the lower left corner to minimize it?
I would recommend logging in KML-format if you plan to use it in Google Earth. It is Google Earth's own format, and it is much better than first using TYRE.

V1.6c can be auto started with TomTom. You can also turn on auto logging. That means that logging will happen each time you turn on TomTom:)

Time in top left corner?

I've got a strange one... the time on my GO 510 is set properly, and I know this because the time shows up in the TomTom application, however, in Tripmaster 1.6d, in the top left corner, the time appears as --:--

Has anyone else had this problem? I didn't see anyone mention it in this thread, so I'm hoping it's just something I overlooked in the setup instructions on the website.

Thanks!

EDIT: HAH! I'm just an idiot... Tripmaster appears to get it's time from the GPS signals rather than from the TomTom's internal clock. Popped it into my car earlier and lo and behold...TIME! :)

Last edited:
I've got a strange one... the time on my GO 510 is set properly, and I know this because the time shows up in the TomTom application, however, in Tripmaster 1.6d, in the top left corner, the time appears as --:--

Has anyone else had this problem? I didn't see anyone mention it in this thread, so I'm hoping it's just something I overlooked in the setup instructions on the website.

Thanks!

EDIT: HAH! I'm just an idiot... Tripmaster appears to get it's time from the GPS signals rather than from the TomTom's internal clock. Popped it into my car earlier and lo and behold...TIME! :)

I noticed the time displays like that when you have no GPS signal.

Can anyone tell me what the maximum speed shown by tripmaster can be.

I have an older style car with MPH speedo and live in a metric World. It's a fast car and I really need a speedo that will take me to 300 km/ph so the tripmaster software looks fantastic on my GO720 and I won't have to try and calculate the MPH / KMPH conversion in my head constantly, I can just use the Tripmaster if it goes fast enough.

Ask a Question