Tripmaster V1.4

Hello,

Here is the author of Tripmaster speaking. Thanks to runarg that presented you my software.

If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, don't hesitate, tell me here or by private email.

Tripmaster looks like an interesting application

Has anyone here tried it yet? I would be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts / reviews :)

I haven't tried it yet. I know there are a few members who like it. Trip Master won't work if you have firmwire 6.51 installed on your Go x10.

This is great new!

Yes, that's an excellent news and I really thank the italian guy who found the solution (Internet is really an excellent tool ;-)).

My plugins still don't work for OneV2 with version v6.5x. The problem is different (grabaged screen) and as I have a One V2, I should be able to debug this, when I'll have some time for this.

I did the above on my 910, but it does not come up. Is tripmaster compatible with 910's (I have 6.51 loaded) ?
Yes, it is. I am running it on my GO910 with V6.51. Did you unzip the file that you downloaded (ttn.zip)? And did you put it on the root directory of your GO910?

Yes, it is. I am running it on my GO910 with V6.51. Did you unzip the file that you downloaded (ttn.zip)? And did you put it on the root directory of your GO910?

Yes I did - and confirmed it is in the root directory.

Note - I have also downloaded Tripmaster 1.4a from the link above (it indicated it was the TomTom version) and also put it in the root directory. No luck.

Yes I did - and confirmed it is in the root directory.

Note - I have also downloaded Tripmaster 1.4a from the link above (it indicated it was the TomTom version) and also put it in the root directory. No luck.

UPDATE - I went to the webmaster site, then deleted the tripmaster files from the root directory, unzipped them into the Tomtom Home Content directory as instructed on the webpage, and then let TomTom home load it on the 910.

I then re-booted, and then saw the icons. Clicking on them did nothing, so I checked the files on the TomTom. The ttn file was in the root directory, but put a copy into the tripmaser directory. Should not have made a difference, but on next boot-up - it works.

Looks like it is going to be a good tool. Still trying to decide the best fiile format to save in - the ability to import GPX files into Google Earth is real tempting.

Looks like it is going to be a good tool. Still trying to decide the best fiile format to save in - the ability to import GPX files into Google Earth is real tempting.
You can import ITN-files into Google Earth too. Its very easy when using the free program Google-TomTom. Just 2 clicks with the mouse and you have the route in Google Earth!

You can import ITN-files into Google Earth too. Its very easy when using the free program Google-TomTom. Just 2 clicks with the mouse and you have the route in Google Earth!

Just downloaded and installed both Google Earth and Google-TomTom - they work great. I even get to see my houe on the sattelite (TomTom doesn't have my neighborhood streeets on their map yet, but it has only been there for 3.5 years).

Now have to figure out the settings for Tripmaster to limit the waypoints it establishes - my trip this weekend created a blizzard of waypoints along the entire route. Probably should print out the tripmaster info on the website as a guide - isn't freeware great ?

Does anyone know how much space Tripmaster takes on the SD card?
Thanks

Tripmaster binary and config files are about 1 Mo.

In fact, logs files are the most disk space consumant. If you don't log your trips, Tripmaster doesn't consume disk space.

Now have to figure out the settings for Tripmaster to limit the waypoints it establishes - my trip this weekend created a blizzard of waypoints along the entire route. Probably should print out the tripmaster info on the website as a guide - isn't freeware great ?

Next version of Tripmaster, v1.5, will allow three modes for logging :
- long : as it is in v1.4a
- medium : type of wpt, altitude and time info in waypoint name, no location name
- short : type of wpt and time only

Using short mode will avoid "blizzard of wpt" on Google Earth screen.

Ask a Question