Tripmaster on TTOne-scrambled screen

I have ust obtained a TTone, the classic, it's running App 7.162, and I've loaded Tripmaster III v1.8. I'm using TTHome 2.2 on a Mac running OS 10.5.
The Tripmaster shows upon the menu on the TT1 but the screen is scrambled.
I remembered seeing a possible fix in one of the threads, but I can't find it.

I understand that there is a problem with the SDK. I'd like to be able to use the Tripmaster in some research. Is there a fix? If I go back to TTv6.56 would it run? :confused:

From the authors website:

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

To run Tripmaster correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7), perform the following actions :

* install Tripmaster on your Tomtom
* run it once, the screen is garbaged
* stop it by clicking in the upper right corner of the screen
* connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /tripmaster/config.txt with Wordpad
* in this file, change the line screenadaptation none in screenadaptation rider2
* save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
* run Tripmaster, the screen is OK

NB: this fix works only for the screens generated by Tripmaster. The virtual keyboard display, invoked in some Tripmaster setups, remains garbaged. This can't be fixed.

Here's the TomTom:\tripmaster\config.txt from my ONE 3rd:

[Log files parameters]
trackperiod 60
trackdistance 2
trackcourse 45
trackformat itn
tracksaving new
logfilename none
autologging no
records long
[Other parameters]
language english.lng
units english
colorscheme auto
gmtoffset -6
geoidfix no 48
maxspeeddisplay yes
maxspeedvalue 55
compass both
coordinates decimal
snapping yes
inclinometer 5
speedlimit 0
speedalarm visual
speedinterval 0 50 90 110 130
alarmfilename /mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/speed_alarm.ogg
processperiod 500
bootstart no
displayaltitude yes 30
alarmperiod no 10
accelerometer 32.2222
screenadaptation rider2
[Colors parameters]
topforegroundcolors 0,0,0 255,255,255 204,204,204
bottomforegroundcolors 255,255,255 255,255,255 204,204,204
topbackgroundcolors 255,255,255 0,0,0
bottombackgroundcolors 0,0,128 0,0,128
linescolors 204,204,204 204,204,204
labelcolors 255,0,0 255,255,0
daybackground /mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/images/bgnd_small_day.bmp
nightbackground /mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/images/bgnd_small_night.bmp
[End]

I Have a TTone, App.7.162, running TThome 2.2 on a Mac OS 10.5. I have loaded Tripmaster III V1.8a. The Tripmaster shows on the menu but the screen is scrambled. I remember seeing a possible fix on the forum but I can't find it. Can any one tell me f the fix works with the TTone. If I load App 6.56 would it work? I think that it is a SDK problem. Is there a fix?:confused:

There are instructions is in the forum, but also on the tripmaster site per the below:

How can Tripmaster run correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7) ?
To run Tripmaster correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7), perform the following actions :

install Tripmaster on your Tomtom
run it once, the screen is garbaged
stop it by clicking in the upper right corner of the screen
connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /tripmaster/config.txt with Wordpad
in this file, change the line screenadaptation none in screenadaptation rider2
save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
run Tripmaster, the screen is OK
NB: this fix works only for the screens generated by Tripmaster. The virtual keyboard display, invoked in some Tripmaster setups, remains garbaged. This can't be fixed.

I have it working OK per the above on a 910. Do exactly the above - don't change rider 2 to One.

They are beta testing a newer version that would install and work without the above, but it still has bugs. Try the above and then follow the forums.

Note - this may disable one or more TT menu icons on the device. There is a fix for that in the forum that I have not tried yet.

Here's the TomTom:\tripmaster\config.txt from my ONE 3rd:

[Log files parameters]
trackperiod 60
trackdistance 2
trackcourse 45
trackformat itn
tracksaving new
logfilename none
autologging no
records long
[Other parameters]
language english.lng
units english
colorscheme auto
gmtoffset -6
geoidfix no 48
maxspeeddisplay yes
maxspeedvalue 55
compass both
coordinates decimal
snapping yes
inclinometer 5
speedlimit 0
speedalarm visual
speedinterval 0 50 90 110 130
alarmfilename /mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/speed_alarm.ogg
processperiod 500
bootstart no
displayaltitude yes 30
alarmperiod no 10
accelerometer 32.2222
screenadaptation rider2
[Colors parameters]
topforegroundcolors 0,0,0 255,255,255 204,204,204
bottomforegroundcolors 255,255,255 255,255,255 204,204,204
topbackgroundcolors 255,255,255 0,0,0
bottombackgroundcolors 0,0,128 0,0,128
linescolors 204,204,204 204,204,204
labelcolors 255,0,0 255,255,0
daybackground /mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/images/bgnd_small_day.bmp
nightbackground /mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/images/bgnd_small_night.bmp
[End]

Should the TTone V3 show rider2 in the screenadaptation line also? I have the tripmaster program installed but the screen is all messed up.

Should the TTone V3 show rider2 in the screenadaptation line also? I have the tripmaster program installed but the screen is all messed up.

Yes, add that same line for the V3. This fix is for all TomToms with the Navcore7 operating system

Yes, add that same line for the V3. This fix is for all TomToms with the Navcore7 operating system

Thanks, I will try this as soon as I get home this evening. I'm guessing you can do this from Windows Explorer using word pad.

I have ust obtained a TTone, the classic, it's running App 7.162, and I've loaded Tripmaster III v1.8. I'm using TTHome 2.2 on a Mac running OS 10.5.
The Tripmaster shows upon the menu on the TT1 but the screen is scrambled.
I remembered seeing a possible fix in one of the threads, but I can't find it.

I understand that there is a problem with the SDK. I'd like to be able to use the Tripmaster in some research. Is there a fix? If I go back to TTv6.56 would it run? :confused:

I just had the same thing occur. You need to follow the instructions on the web site, link http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk where they have an edit to the config file under heading "How can Tripmaster run correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7) ?"

Ask a Question