Tripmaster on ONE (2nd ed)?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Hi,

I'm a little confused about the requirements for TripMaster listed at
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

I have 7.161 on my TomTom One (2nd edition), and TomTom HOME 2.1.2.121 on my WinXP SP2 PC. So will the latest TripMaster work on my TomTom? What do I have to do to get it to work? Or is it only for the larger-screen XL?

Thanks!
B.

I used tripmaster 18a and loved it, however after the upgrade to 7.x it started to lag really bad. Speed would freeze for long periods of time, pain to shut off. Finally deleted it. Too bad, it was neat while it worked.

Maybe someday.....

It will work, but not very well unfortunately.

To install it using HOME 2 follow these steps:
Go in TTH v2.0
Menu Preferences, Folder Preferences
Set the Downloads folder to the directory where you've copied the .cab and .toc files or move the files to the directory chosen in the Downloads folder value.
Then click Done
Click in Add maps... then More then Items on my computer, then click on the + before Applications and you should see the plugins

Ummm... what do you mean
not very well unfortunately
?

Just tough to install, or it the software will lag and freeze as DVLINSD reported? I don't want to ask for problems, so if it's going to lag/freeze I may skip it for now.

Is there any other shareware that will do this kind of tracking, or is an update to TripMaster in the works?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
B.

Ummm... what do you mean
?

Just tough to install, or it the software will lag and freeze as DVLINSD reported? I don't want to ask for problems, so if it's going to lag/freeze I may skip it for now.

Is there any other shareware that will do this kind of tracking, or is an update to TripMaster in the works?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
B.

Yes, as DVLINSD reported, it is very laggy and sometimes unresponsive to your touches. When I want to save a position you tap the compass and a message will appear notifying you that it is saved. Instead, the whole screen just sits there for a good minute or so (the timers, speed, and all the other counters are just frozen).

It's a shame because it really is a great piece of software.

Yes, as DVLINSD reported, it is very laggy and sometimes unresponsive to your touches. When I want to save a position you tap the compass and a message will appear notifying you that it is saved. Instead, the whole screen just sits there for a good minute or so (the timers, speed, and all the other counters are just frozen).
It's a shame because it really is a great piece of software.

Yes, that's a real shame... ;)

But, unfortunately, the solution can come only from Tomtom, that should update its SDK, but won't do it.

This laggy behaviour is due to a graphical screen rotation I needed to introduce to fix the garbaged screen after v7 update. This rotation is very much CPU consumant and my plugins becomes unusable.
I'm sorry for this...

Please don't apologize, there's nothing you can do and its definitely not your fault.

It's just annoying to have such a great application with useful functions and not work properly with the latest software update. Why TomTom :confused:

Ask a Question