Tripmaster Background Skins

I use IrfanView. It is an excellent and FREE program. Here are the settings that I use to open the Tripmaster RAW file:

aoocm9s879zo35zq9.jpg

And here is an example of a screen shot from Tripmaster opened in IrfanView:

aoocnjw4aiikgkbhd.jpg

Thanks runarg,

I was using Irfanview before but didn't have the correct settings. In addition to installing the Irfanview program, you need to install the format plugin. Otherwise, you'll get an error message when trying to open the file without.

Irfanview - Link
Irfanview Format Plugin - Link

Here is the settings for the non-wide screen capture (basically changing the resolution)
IrfanViewsettings.jpg

Sample screenshot
img20070526155839.jpg

It works great! You can even convert the raw images to other file extentions such as *.jpeg or *.bmp.

Thanks for sharing roussillat and runarg.

Thanks for the effort! I'll await the screenshot.

Also, I need some ideas for colors for the daytime version of the skin. The black works, but it's just not very bright.

Okay, here's a first draft for the night skin, 320x240 version (thanks again to runarg and digitalflex for the extra screenshots and help):

bgnd_small_night.bmp

And the associated speed limit warning (needs to be renamed to speed_limit.bmp):

http://www.josephayoung.com/tripmaster/speed_limit_small.bmp

For the speed limit warning, this version probably won't align even close just yet. I'll need a screenshot with this particular warning up showing the misalignment, and then I can fix it. Wish it were easier.

Also, keep in mind that you may have to change the colors of the number readouts to be able to see them (mostly to white or 255/255/255, though I recommend some other colorful color for the current speed, because of the warning bitmap).

And again, there will probably be some alignment issues, as well as the same issues I experienced on the widescreen version. Just let me know, and I'll get them fixed ASAP.

For all the other bitmaps, the original ones I posted work equally well on both screen sizes (I think).

Thanks! It looks nice. Appreciate your efforts for us 320X240 guys.

Last edited:
Hey runarg,

Is there a way we can tell the screen capture is taken? Just like how the screen capture works in the navigation screen, you get the 'camera sound', can you get that with this technique?

I'm asking because I usually end up with about 5 *.raw files and I don't know how it captured them. The only way I know of is when you exit the program which was mentioned by roussillat.

OK, so here I tested out the skin you created. I changed the BigFont to Arial and so here is my screen shots

1) This is the first screen shot with the log file turned on
TripmasterBackgroundTesting1.jpg

2) The second is with the speed limit warning. I actually ran to get the alert to pop :)p)
TripmasterBackgroundTesting2.jpg

Just a suggestion, would you be able to make the grey outlines a tad thinner. For example: where it shows the altitude, the meter measurement (m) is hitting the grey line.

Another suggestion, the box surrounding the satellite strength, can it be moved a little to the right as it is hitting the compass direction. That might mean you also have to resize the box showing the speed. Although I'm not sure you would be able to because the box encasing the speed probably just fits 3 digits.

Anyway, great work.

Last edited:
I agree in that the 320x240 version is a little squeezed but I believe its because of the screen size.

Perhaps the wider version is less busy.

I still like it.

Hey runarg,
Is there a way we can tell the screen capture is taken? Just like how the screen capture works in the navigation screen, you get the 'camera sound', can you get that with this technique?
I'm asking because I usually end up with about 5 *.raw files and I don't know how it captured them. The only way I know of is when you exit the program which was mentioned by roussillat.
No, as far as I know that is the only way.

Ask a Question