TripMaster as a milage logger, help!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 125se
I'm attempting to use my TomTom and TripMaster to create and maintain a mileage log for my wife when she is traveling for her AVON business.

On the trip master website: Le Web Bazar !!! Tripmaster !!!

"When the tracking logs are activated, a simple click on the compass records an additional tracking point in the tracking logs file, with GPS coordinates of the point where you are, the name of the place, the altitude and the hour of recording. A tracking point is also recorded when you reset the intermediate trip. "

the name of the place is not showing up in any of my log files, which is making it very hard to figure out where she went to make a delivery or drop off books. I can post my setup info files to this thread if somebody wants to view them.

Does anyone use TripMaster as a mileage logger and if so would you be willing to share your tips and maybe your tripmaster config.txt file or any thing else that may help?...

I have a tomtom one 125 se running 8.082 and newest maps 840
I'm using TripMaster 3.1 and also installed the 8.x 9.x hook (still ran the same wint no "name of places")

I also used the info from the website to make a button called AVON here's the file and info
AVON.cap ( I also made a logo AVON.bmp)
Version|100|
AppName|tripmaster|
AppPath|/mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/|
AppMainTitle|AVON Tracker|
AppPort|2001|
COMMAND|CMD|AVON hide|AVON.bmp|AVON|

here is my config.txt file
[ Log files parameters : managed in the 1st setup screen ]
trackformat csv
tracksaving append
trackcourse 45
trackdistance 2 0.5
trackperiod 60
autologging yes
records long
[ Setup parameters : managed in the 2nd setup screen ]
inclinometer 5
processperiod 500
gmtoffset -5
geoidfix no 48
displayaltitude no 30
[ Display parameters : managed in the 3rd setup screen ]
colorscheme auto
compass both
coordinates decimal
language english.lng
units english
[ Speed limit parameters : managed in the 4th setup screen ]
speedlimit 0
speedalarm visual
speedinterval 0 50 90 110 130
alarmfilename /mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/speed_alarm.ogg
alarmperiod no 10
[ Colors parameters : managed in the 5th setup screen ]
topforegroundcolors 0,0,0 255,255,255 204,204,204
bottomforegroundcolors 255,255,255 255,255,255 204,204,204
topbackgroundcolors 255,255,255 0,0,0
bottombackgroundcolors 0,0,128 0,0,128
linescolors 204,204,204 204,204,204
labelcolors 255,0,0 255,255,0
[ Backgrounds parameters : managed in the 6th setup screen ]
daybackground
nightbackground
[ Parameters for Tripmaster internal use : don't modify ! ]
maxspeeddisplay no
maxspeedvalue 67
logfilename none
accelerometer 0
[ Parameters kept for memory and further usage ]
bootstart no
snapping yes
[ End of parameters]

To the Author of this program (roussillat) I'm going to go to your site and post a donation to the future development of this program. So Many People are asking for simple Mileage logs and You are so close to providing exactly what they need. I hope my small donation will help in future development toward a dedicated, easy to use, Mileage logger, easy enough for my wife to use...

Thanks, 1daysale

Keep your eye on this thread. I suspect Roussillat to show up here in short order (24hrs or so...) and respond.

Hello,

The name of place is no more memorized as Tomtom didn't maintain the functionality in its SDK, which caused problems to Tripmaster.

The best way to use Tripmaster as a mileage logger is to put it in autologging=yes mode so that, each time you launch Tripmaster it logs a file and, then, in the tripsummary.log file you'll find all the informations for the recorded logs.

Ask a Question