Traffic software update

I received an e-mail about a month ago saying that via tom-tom home they would be an update for the traffic software, but as yet nothing has appeared. Am I missing the point or should there be something to download? Also the traffic bar on the right keeps disappearing, but used to work fine.

Tom-tom go 740 live.

I received an e-mail about a month ago saying that via tom-tom home they would be an update for the traffic software, but as yet nothing has appeared. Am I missing the point or should there be something to download? Also the traffic bar on the right keeps disappearing, but used to work fine.

Tom-tom go 740 live.
9.058 (which I believe you must now have, based upon your other thread) has caused traffic issue for some users. One option is to back up to 9.054 and see if that works out for you. It's more or less stable on my 740 Live. You can get a copy of it here:

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.054.go540-go740.CAB-navcore-GO.cab

You'll need to extract the *.cab file to the root of your TomTom (be sure to let the existing paths in the *.cab be retanied) using your preferred unzipping package.

I received an e-mail about a month ago saying that via tom-tom home they would be an update for the traffic software,

That was a complete cock-up by TomTom.
What they now say they MEANT, was that there were some (rather vague) improvements happening with Traffic and to make sure you have the latest software in order to make the most of them.

As far as I know the only real change in Traffic recently has been the REDUCTION of the radius of the area for which you get the reports,and a consequent increase in the frequency of Traffic updates.

The day they announced the update, I noticed a substantial increase in the number of delays reported by the HD traffic system.

I've noticed that LIVE traffic has improved substantially around once a month since last October in the USA, and this email coincided with the May "improvement".

Thanks for your help Guys. I have now reverted back to 9.054 (Thanks for the link canderson) and will give it a few weeks to try.it out.

OK Now I'm on 9.054 I can't receive Services. Getting error code 1008 So it looks like I'll have to go back to 9.058.

Not sure dhn didn't close the better of the two threads, since this one started with a bit of confusion, but ...

So if I understand you correctly in the other thread, you were running more or less happily on 9.054 - no odd hesitations after button presses or during replanning, and traffic was operating more or less normally. You 'updated' to 9.058, and now have button hesitation and right after the move to 9.058, you started losing the live traffic information as indicated on the right side of the screen. Backing up to 9.054 was a complete bust from a traffic perspective, leaving you with 1008 errors.

Q: What did 9.054 do for your button press hesitation and other slow response issues?

Last edited:

Ask a Question