Traffic services with the HTC Touch Pro

I was able to pair my 720 with my Touch Pro phone (I can make hands-free calls and transfer my phone book), but I am not able to utilize the tomtom services i.e. the traffic service and weather. Previously, I was able to use it with my PPC 6700, but now I get a red screen stating I don't have a data plan. I have the same data plan I had before I upgraded to the Touch Pro. Has anyone been able to utilize the traffic services with the Touch Pro and 720?

You did not state what cell carrier you use or which data plan.

Also, can you tether your computer to the internet with your Touch Pro? If not, you will probably not be able to pair it for data with the TomTom.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. My carrier is Sprint and I have the $15 Power Vision Plan. This plan was perfect with my PPC 6700...and the TT 720. With the PPC 6700, I was constantly tethered, but haven't really tried it with the Touch Pro as I've only had it for a couple of weeks. My guess is, I'll have to either upgrade my data plan or use the tweaks I found in the Touch Pro forums in order to tether.

Sorry about that. My carrier is Sprint and I have the $15 Power Vision Plan. This plan was perfect with my PPC 6700...and the TT 720. With the PPC 6700, I was constantly tethered, but haven't really tried it with the Touch Pro as I've only had it for a couple of weeks. My guess is, I'll have to either upgrade my data plan or use the tweaks I found in the Touch Pro forums in order to tether.

Phone as a Modem is not part of the 15.00 Vision plan on some older handsets it was not possible to block customers from using it but on the newer phones it uses a separate user Id and password so if your not paying for it then it wont work.

Black Berrys include PAM - Phone as a modem automatically

Ask a Question