Traffic receiver for XL 335 quit working, and replacement failed too

TomTom Model(s)
XL 335
I have an XL 335 TM that is still under warranty. The traffic receiver (integrated with the power cable) worked fine for some months, and then never seemed to find a station (although there are 4 in this area that broadcast the traffic info). I called customer support and they sent me a new cable. It seemed to work for 2 days (I got the solid green dot, but there weren't any incidents so I couldn't tell if it found them correctly) and then also quit working, showing the moving circle (searching for a station) instead of the solid green dot.

It seems like an odd coincidence for the replacement receiver to fail, and to fail within a couple of days, unless these have a history of frequent failure. Could there be something in the GPS device itself that is making the receiver go bad? Any other ideas? I don't know if I should get customer support to send me a third receiver, or if the same thing will happen and I should try a different approach (like a whole new GPS).

Suggestions appreciated--thanks.

I would get another combo charger under warranty. Literally thousands and thousands are out there worldwide (they work on appropriate units in any country) and the forums would be filled with complaints if these units all tended to break. But some do, of course.

Your alternative to using the combo to get traffic is buying a LIVE model. They use sim cards, not combo antennas to get traffic info.

And LIVE traffic is more current and accurate than rds-tmc traffic.

Ask a Question