Traffic jam icon explanation?

Does anyone know where I can find a description of all the 6.x traffic icons? The traffic section of the 5.x manual seems to detail them but the manuals for 6.x that I have don't. I'm specifically interested in what the traffic jam icon with a small flashing arrow means. It's like the normal
tttmap013.jpg
traffic jam icon but has little flashing arrows as well. The arrows either point left or right. Is it telling me to move to the lane in the direction of the arrows? Is it pointing out to me the lanes effected by the jam?

Last edited:
You got a manual? My ONE came with a 6 or 7 page quick start guide...
New sealed box right off the counter @ BestBuy. i've had to come here and to tomtom.com to get ANY answers on how to use this thing... (correctly) :D

Click Here for a review with TomTom Traffic. The review is done by pocketgpsworld on a GO 300 but it's use the same on all units. Scroll down until you get to the section that says 'TomTom Traffic in use'

If you see my signature, it will give you the link to the complete manual for all units.

hahhahahahahahahahaha

I must be tired, I went to that page looking for your signature to get a manual... :eek:

Click Here for a review with TomTom Traffic. The review is done by pocketgpsworld on a GO 300 but it's use the same on all units. Scroll down until you get to the section that says 'TomTom Traffic in use'

If you see my signature, it will give you the link to the complete manual for all units.

I've read the article but it doesn't exactly explain the icon I'm seeing. According to the article:

Typically the icons you will see are the one to the left for queuing traffic, one for an accident and one for lane closures.
I suspect they mean the following:
  • tttmap013.jpg
    = Traffic-jam/Queuing-traffic
  • tttmap012.jpg
    = Accident
  • tttmap015.jpg
    = Lane closure
This is all explained in the 5.x manual (although no mention of it is in the 6.x manuals). However, the icon I'm referring to is like the traffic-jam icon but inside the icon is a flashing little arrow that points right or left. And since I have seen all of the aforementioned icons in conjunction with this new icon, I suspect it is providing some additional piece of information regarding the traffic-jam. What that is, I cannot tell.

Khuon,

I have been using traffic for a long time, and have seen many weird and wonderful icons (freezing conditions, fog, strong winds, etc.), but never the one that you describe. Nor, have I ever seen anyone else mention it.

In Navigator 6 for Palm (on a Treo 700p), I see a red-rimmed triangle with a snowflake in the lower right corner of the route screen , almost always (I've only owned the unit for a week), even when there is no forecast of snow and the roads are dusty white with salt and zero ice.

No icons in the Traffic segment to right of screen.

Perhaps this is just a general warning of temperatures below freezing in the NorthEast?

In Navigator 6 for Palm (on a Treo 700p), I see a red-rimmed triangle with a snowflake in the lower right corner of the route screen , almost always (I've only owned the unit for a week), even when there is no forecast of snow and the roads are dusty white with salt and zero ice.

No icons in the Traffic segment to right of screen.

Perhaps this is just a general warning of temperatures below freezing in the NorthEast?
it's not a forecast so likely it's the salt... that usual means there's snow on the road whether it's snow covered, partially covered or on the median.

Exactly. It is warning of 'freezing conditions' I think. If there was not salt it would probably be icy on the road right (that is why it is salted)? How can TT know if salt was spread or not?

Ask a Question