Traffic Issues New User

I have a Tom Tom One and love it. However I want to get traffic working on it but can't seem to make it happen. Here is my situation.

Live in US outside of Chicago
Wireless works fine for Buddies.
I can update software from device.
Traffice was working during Trial
Web site will not let me buy subscription.
US can not be selected during checkout.
Tom Tom support tells me it should be available and is FREE thru June 2007.
When I select Traffic Updates it tells me my Subscription has expired and should go to TomTom.com and Renew.

I am lost, any ideas would be appreciated.

This happened to me awhile back, and I had to contact TT support (I chose email) and they reset my account. I believe you can reset on their site, but I'm not certain.

Call/email TT support and have them reset your traffic account to expire in June...when they don't respond in 2-3 business days call/email them again, when they don't respond again....repeat... :eek:

I had saved this instructions... try this:

Traffic is available in the United States as one of the Plus Services which can be activated directly from your TomTom unit. All you need is a valid email address. Use the same email address as on your MyTomTom account. To use Traffic, you need a wireless data connection (GPRS) via a mobile phone, offering unrestricted Internet access. Traffic is free until the end of June 2007. We do not know what it will cost beyond that time.

To subscribe to Traffic from the unit itself (not from our website), follow these steps:

-Touch on the Driving View Screen to get to the Main Menu
-Select "Change Preferences"
-From the "Preferences Menu" touch on Edit Plus Account
-Establish a wireless connection with your Bluetooth phone
-Enter the user name and password used for your MyTomTom account

These steps should allow you to choose to activate Traffic. If you are not asked about Traffic, then continue with the following steps:

-Touch on the Driving View Screen to get to the Main Menu
-Tap the "TomTom Traffic" icon
-Tap "Enable Traffic" and follow the prompts

Thanks to all

:) I contacted TomTom support and after waiting 20 minutes, the person said he would take care of that and had many calls on the same issue. After many questions, he said it should be available in 24-48 hours. After 5 days I finally had Traffic Updated and is working fine. I guess you just have to be patient.

Thanks again to all.

Ask a Question