Traffic Issues in Canada

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
So I decided to try and update my profile so I can take advantage of the free trial that ends in Nov (it just ended 2 days ago).

The thing is, when I tried, it gave me an error code (which I'll post as soon as I get home). I e-mailed TT support and all the guy said was that my service provider wasn't supported (well yeah, I'm in Canada.. but traffic is used in the US).

I'm using Rogers which uses Cingular or T-Mobile when I'm in the US. Both service providers are listed as compatible (as well as my phone) on TT's website.

The guy goes on to say that with a canadian phone and service provider, that service is spotty and it's a hit and miss affair. I told him that traffic has worked flawlessly every time I went down to the States so was I just lucky? He replied, yes I was lucky every time for the past 6 months.

What are your thoughts? I gave him the benefit of the doubt and agreed with him. Is he giving me a generic answer (i.e. just give me any answer so that I'll shut up) or is it true regarding Canadian phones/service providers working in the States?

TIA!

lol.. what do you know.. I've been playing around with it and the moment I post online, it works >.<.... I'll double check on my traffic subscription (given that it's past my original date, I'm assuming it's updated.) I can't access it now cause they're having issues with PLUS.

Mods please delete this thread. Thanks...

I'm also on rogers, and when I pair my phone to my TT the traffic works fine. I remember plotting a trip to Lewiston, NY and the route displayed construction near my destination.

I was driving from Toronto.

oh yeah I have no problem pairing and using Traffic. It's just that when that error code came up, the support's answer was that my service provider was not supported and hence service will be spotty (despite having no issues with downloading traffic info for the past 9 months).

It sure sounds like a generic answer to me.

What was the error by the way?

can't connect to traffic. Then afterwards I tried re-pairing the phone and it recognises Rogers Wireless Canada but then after that it fails to establish a connection btwn the phone and my ONE. From then one, my phone was un-paired... well until yesteday, that is.

Ask a Question