Traffic Bar Missing [resolved]

Hi All,
Got a TomTom XXL 550TM for Christmas. Has worked great the whole time, including traffic (I'm amazed at how accurate the traffic delay estimation is). Today I can't get it to display traffic at all. The entire traffic bar is missing. When I try to enable traffic on the TomTom Services screen, it says "Connect a TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver to your device..." I'm not sure how to fix this.

Found It

Disregard, I just figured it out. The power cable is the antenna. Today I left the power cable in my wife's car and was running on battery. Problem solved.

Check your power cable, too

I had the same issue cause by two things:
1) The charger with the separated power lines and small plastic box is the secret. It MUST be plugged in and actively being supplied with power. I had one of those adapters so I could charge my phone at the same time that had a flaky socket. If the light is green you should be good.... EXCEPT
2) Make sure you plug in the correct power cord. Both my cell phone charger and GPS charger have the 90 degree connector so when plugging in I didn't realize it was the wrong one. Talk about two days of frustration when I couldn't figure out why it stopped working after I updated it.

Ask a Question