Traffic antenna and cradle

Have had my 920T for 2 days and am increasingly frustrated with the antenna for traffic and the lack of a cradle. I had an old garmin with the lead weight portable dash mount and I'd simply pull the unit off the dash and put it in the passenger seating well when parked. Only cable was the lighter adapter and everything nicely hidden.

I adapted a beanbag mount for the 920, but didn't realize the traffic antenna was seperate and you can imagine how annowed I am that I must plug and unplug the antenna to hide the unit on the floor.

I looked at the cradles that are available aftermarket and they kind of do the trick if I leave the mount on the dash and remove the unit. But I'd rather not leave the empty mount there; it just looks too much like the real thing and invites a break-in.

Are there any alternatives to the traffic antenna?

It bothers me enough that I'm looking at retunring the 920T and getting a Nuvi 760 because of the use of a cradle and the traffic antenna being built into the cigarette adapter. Looks like it would work for me the way I'd like.

But I don't want to be hasty, so am looking for input.

John

You could consider a wireless connection to traffic via your celly. I get better traffic info that way anyways.

Ask a Question