Traffic: 1 month free trial = 5 months free?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE
I just activated my 1 month free trial of Traffic for my new TomTom ONE, and now when I log in to My TomTom it says that I have a 1 year subscription that expires on 07-04-2007.

In the US we write our dates as MM-DD-YYYY, but since this is a UK company, is the date the listed showing July 4th or April 7th as my expiration date? April would seem logical if this is a 1 month trial, but then the same website shows that I have a 1-year subscription. I'm confused. :confused:

Traffice subscriptions have been a mess for a while. I would go on the 1 MONTH trial and hope for the best after that...

I've heard traffic has been extended (for free) until July, so this makes sense.

I wish I had a phone that could capitalize on this....

I wish Canada had the traffic service :( , I just use the PLUS services for checking the weather :D :D

The funny thing is though that when I login to MyTomTom it still says 'Activate your trial' so it still thinks I need to activate it.

Like I said... Plus services has been ahving issues lately.... so far it's been on the good side for users though.

I wish Canada had the traffic service :( , I just use the PLUS services for checking the weather :D :D

The funny thing is though that when I login to MyTomTom it still says 'Activate your trial' so it still thinks I need to activate it.
we don't get traffic but we still get road conditions. I'm not sure how good it is. It works on the Sea-to-Sky highway but for whatever reason, the TCH and the Coq hwy don't have it (I know cause it shows snow at Whistler but not over the Coq hwy)

Nexty, I keep telling you I'd be happy to show you how traffic works if only you'd drive on over and crash so we could test it. Or at least break down and cause a big delay. :)

Unless traffic gets MUCH better, I won't be paying for a subscription. It's just not that good right now. Hopefully between now and July, it'll improve enough so that people will WANT to pay for it. Right now, it's free for a reason. :)

we don't get traffic but we still get road conditions. I'm not sure how good it is. It works on the Sea-to-Sky highway but for whatever reason, the TCH and the Coq hwy don't have it (I know cause it shows snow at Whistler but not over the Coq hwy)

Oh, I didn't realize that. Maybe I sould play around with the Traffic to see how it all works then.

I've personally seen major improvement in traffic over the past week, getting more alerts, but still missing some incidents. The re-route still needs improvement, but the traffic service overall has gotten better. Hopefully the improvements will continue. Oh, and tomtom customer service confirmed that it was free until June or July. If it stops before then, call them and they will re-set your scrip.

If you live in the woods like me up in New England... traffic is 3 or more cars onthe road. Traffic Service for me wouldn't do much unless I were headed into Boston...

Traffic has worked well for the two days that I've used it. On my commute home yesterday, it sent me home on my normal path, then a few minutes into the trip it rerouted me around two accidents along a route I'd never thought to take, and it got me home quickly. In fact faster than normal, despite it being a longer distance. So I am very happy.

I honestly think that Traffic is a hit or miss depending greatly on where in the Country... excuse me, Where in North America, you are using it.

Time update? I'm not a traffic expert... I've been hanging out way North of the City. Only 2 major road trips so far, one to Niagara Falls when I first got the TT and then 2 weeks ago way up north in the snow and I went off the road in the woods....

Yes Time update.... If a normal trip into the city (no traffic) is 35min.
when there is Traffic it now tells you how long the delay will be (Traffic delay
20 min, total trip now 55min)

Ah, ok thanks! So it works just like the ETA on th e status bar if you choose to use that option. Nice.

Ask a Question