Trading 910 for XL 335S

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 910; TomTom 540TM
I'm thinking of taking advantage of the TomTom trade in program, buying a new XL 335S off the TT website for $119 and then trading in my 910 (excellent condition) for $50, for a net cost of $69 for the XL 335S. The downside is that I have Euro maps (old, but still useful) loaded on the 910 that I believe will not be compatible with the 335S. Alternatively, I pick-up a new US map, which needs updating on the 910. Does anyone have a different opinion, particularly from those experienced with both models? The sale on the TT website runs through Saturday, 11/28. Thanks.

The XL series is Tomtom's midrange series.

When moving from the 910, you'll lose a lot of the frills of the high-end GO line, including bluetooth, music players, active dock, Europe maps, and you get much smaller storage for maps.

In return, with the 335s, you get a larger screen, lane guidance and the very valuable IQroutes feature. Plus the latest 840 maps are very much improved over the Tomtom maps of even 6 months ago.

Also, they cut the battery in half in all current Tomtoms. All the recent models will be about half the thickness, half the weight, but half the battery life of a 910.

So it depends on your priorities.

Ask a Question