Toyota 4-Runner

I just bought a TomTom 340.S and need to install it in a 2005 Toyota 4-Runner. The socket for the plug is in-between the two front seats, below the dash, so my placement is limited. Anyone have a 4-Runner? Thanks.

Does it not reach, or is there not enough space for the power? Check electronic stores or car parts stores for cigarette lighter extension adapters or right-angle type adapters.

I dont' understand

Does it not reach, or is there not enough space for the power? Check electronic stores or car parts stores for cigarette lighter extension adapters or right-angle type adapters.

Not sure I understand the question. My cigarette lighter is in a good place if I wanted to install the GPS on the windshield or on the cover of the unused compartment door just above the lighter. However, I can't get the suction cup to work, even when I moisten it. I was just looking for other 4-Runner owners who might have a better idea. Thanks.

Make sure the cup and the windshield are clean where you want contact to be made. Also, there is a (hard to see) lock symbol on the dial of the mount that you want to make sure you have turned the dial to.

Thanks

Make sure the cup and the windshield are clean where you want contact to be made. Also, there is a (hard to see) lock symbol on the dial of the mount that you want to make sure you have turned the dial to.

Both have been cleaned and it still fell off. However, I didn't know about the hidden lock symbol. I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help.

I didn't know it either...there's a ring that you turn to lock and unlock the suction. It is a very good and stable mount. To undo it you might have to turn the ring AND put a fingernail under the suction cup.
It's not your grandfather's suction cup. :eek:

Ask a Question